Gibsonian's Cherry Pl 700 Ser I, soon to be a PLWO-1000

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Sounds like Lee is throwing down the gauntlet :) Nice work Lee, stats look impressive. The rewire makes a measurable difference.
Yes Joe it does. You also have to keep in mind this one was the first to get the AC mains in relocated to the transformer side , the pots bypassed, and the Normal/Direct coupling switch eliminated.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Yes Joe it does. You also have to keep in mind this one was the first to get the AC mains in relocated to the transformer side , the pots bypassed, and the Normal/Direct coupling switch eliminated.
The purist approach Lee. This is the best. Did you eliminate the long shielded cables to the front pots altogether then?

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
The purist approach Lee. This is the best. Did you eliminate the long shielded cables to the front pots altogether then?
Yes Joe, from the input RCA's to the board is it for the shielded. Same stuff we use on our turbine meters and pick-ups, very good stuff.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Scott, after a 3 hour conversation with Ed last night, it was realized that Cathy may be double Zoebeled. In early, early Ser I's the zoebel was mounted on the meter board. Check and see when Cathy gets there if there are 2 5 watt 10 ohm resistors and a .1uf cap on it. I think there is and it has not ben bypassed. No harm will come to it but can sound funky at times./ If you desolder and remove the Zoebel it should still drive the meters with no jumpers installed.

Gibsonian

Chief Journeyman
Is that the parts pulled out of Cathy?

I cut all the caps and resistors off at the legs and now have no meter response. Any ideas on next steps? Got to listen to her for just a smidge, but sounded fine.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Scott, could you post a pic of the meter board, component side??

Is that the parts pulled out of Cathy?

Yep.

Gibsonian

Chief Journeyman
Not yet. It just got here Friday, so have not had a chance to ship it yet. Do I go online for scheduling pickup or dropoff?

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Or take it to your nearest Fed-Ex store. there is a shipping label already made out from your place to Jer's. There was 2 small relays and some paperwork for him also.

Gibsonian

Chief Journeyman
Or take it to your nearest Fed-Ex store. there is a shipping label already made out from your place to Jer's. There was 2 small relays and some paperwork for him also.
Yes, saw all that Lee. I'll find a drop off on Monday. I haven't had a chance to pop it apart yet, just greedily listening. I will get a pix this week.