Derek92994's 700 Ser II White Oak conversion

derek92994

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Those who enter the man cave will get WOPLed
Very faint buzz from both channels, you have to put your ear right up to tweeter to hear. Right side a fraction louder. Pots right up, no input

Skratch

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Life is short, so take your time
I just got a set of 700 rev C backplane boards and there is no electrolytic capacitors all film caps, my revA 400 backplane had electrolytic caps

derek92994

Tagline
Give it a few hours Darc, then go with the 3600 and your spares , just idling for a few hours..
Will do, see how it goes and then later down the track we can put the 5 amp rail fuses back in. Very grateful for you and Joe’s help, also the members that have chipped in ;)

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Thank you for the replies. I shall get some rest and investigate further tomorrow. I welcome anymore advice on the repair path I should take. That backplane will have to come out to replace the capacitor and I do wonder how much life the other capacitors have on this and the other backplane. It may be wise to replace them all. Lets see what Lee and Joe think about this issue.
Those are not supposed to be in there Darcy. Taken out in a very early revision. More trouble than they are worth.

Skratch

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Life is short, so take your time
I have 3 fully comp 400's with the revA backplane boards with electrolytic caps, they are 47uf 160 volt caps. Should they be removed?

derek92994

Tagline
Question, why is there no lead going from bus bar to centre connector on right backplane but the left backplane has?