Derek92994's 700 Ser II White Oak conversion

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
This is a build I especially like to see happen - mostly, because it's a humbling experience to see the eagerness of members, he has only recently met, willing to make this build happen. Derek strikes me as someone who would help a member in a pinch. Although we haven't formally met, he has helped myself, and no doubt a few other members, through PMs with words of technical advise. I have a huge dropbox full of music he has sent when we first became acquainted to each other via this forum.

Lee's capable hands will make this a special PL 700 Series II build.

Nando.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Thank you Nando, and as with every build I will put everything I have learned up until this point into it....I too believe Derek is a good man and very generous of nature......can't help, but help someone like that..

derek92994

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Those who enter the man cave will get WOPLed
Wow, just noticed this thread now. Have been awake for 18 hours with only a short nap, been busy. Am exhausted now and ready for another 'cat' nap. Thanks for the kind comments Nando. I'm absolutely stoked with George and Lee's generosity in helping me go 'super high end' in the amp department, as I am with other members who have also been so kind to help out (like yourself Nando, Steve and many others). Its a great place to be, and I have not looked back since joining phoenix, thank you so much guys, its an honor to be a part of this community :happy7:

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
I have a feeling Lee's gonna open the box, pull it out, and then say ".... where's the rest of it?" :oops:
Judging from the pile in my garage, he has more then enough parts to put anything together LMAO

Goodie box goes out to you today Lee and the cabbage case also to it's destination

pennysdad

Tagline
I've totally lost the plot....
I wanted to see the face plate and meters :happy6:
there was no faceplate and meters.....
just bare bones. backplate with heatsinks, and a side, (as the other side had been literally torn off in a truck roll-over) and the boards inside.
it was a mess.
out of two that i had, i managed to get one rebuilt.
I bought a case to do the job, but had gotten rid of that ages ago, as I really didn't see a future for this one.
... and so some of it is now back in the U.S., and some of it is here in Oz.
who would've thought?

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Judging from the pile in my garage, he has more then enough parts to put anything together LMAO

Goodie box goes out to you today Lee and the cabbage case also to it's destination
Thank you Ron, appreciate that..

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
there was no faceplate and meters.....
just bare bones. backplate with heatsinks, and a side, (as the other side had been literally torn off in a truck roll-over) and the boards inside.
it was a mess.
out of two that i had, i managed to get one rebuilt.
I bought a case to do the job, but had gotten rid of that ages ago, as I really didn't see a future for this one.
... and so some of it is now back in the U.S., and some of it is here in Oz.
who would've thought?
WEll, it will have a faceplate and meters when it leaves here...

derek92994

Tagline
Those who enter the man cave will get WOPLed
the only digit u need to worry about is deciding which one to stick up ur backside to stop ur insides from oozing out once you've heard this thing. :oops:
I'm going to need volume pots. Will hook her to the old speakers first just to get a feel for volume control. (I'm calling her "The Boss" for now)

pennysdad

Tagline
I've totally lost the plot....
I'm going to need volume pots. Will hook her to the old speakers first just to get a feel for volume control. (I'm calling her "The Boss" for now)
"The Boss"?

Is that the best u can come up with?

I know.... why not call it the "Phase Linear Series Two Clair Bros. model: Extreme Edition (
WOPLxLee)"?