DENON DP 1500 FOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

derek92994

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Those who enter the man cave will get WOPLed
Got so drunk on the 3.5 hour drive. I'm in my hotel now, very nice.

Love the pics of the vinyl Lee, are they in good condition? Turntable looks great.

Your Thoughts on the sound quality?

Must go and get some food for tonight.

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
Some good albums there. Well worth putting the table back in service to listen to the collection again.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
It's like being reacquainted with a long-time friend, Lee. Nice to see albums you haven't played in some time.

Nando.

JustMike

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
"Just Passin thru"
Good to see you got her up and going Lee. Coolness !
Nice old Lp collection, we must have had the same tastes in music back then,
Motown was it. Listening to the Wolfman on KXRB.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Love the old Motown stuff . Reminds me of growing up in Riverside, Ca. Good radio back then...

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
That pic of Jani diggin' through the LP's is what It's all about Buddy !! Good times flippin' the vinyl, lookin' at the liner notes and art work :cheers:, drop the needle and play :notworthy:

I'm sooooo beyond happy for both of you!! I see you have Elton John ~ 'Goodbye Yellow Brick Road' :love7:, dude if it isn't chewed up "Funeral for a Friend" will test your system and cart BIG TIME!! Shocking Lows and Mids!!

It came out in October 1973, I was 9, it was the only thing I asked for for Christmas. My Christian parents said "Hell no, there's a song about lesbians on it" ?!?? How did they know that?? Well nothing keeps stu from his music, we had a corner store and I ordered it and told the owner to keep it quiet :tongue2: let me know when it arrived. I was shaking walking to the store one day, he said "your order arrived"...i had to wait till Mom and Dad went to dinner to put it on the old magnavox console...Blew my tiny mind :violent2:, Jezsus!! and Amen!!

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I need to look it up, but what would you think if I told you there is an ad on a nearby Idaho Craigslist for

A SPEC 1 AND MONTGOMERY WARDS SPEAKERS...

Only $650 (Alfred E. Neuman not included)

Okay, I made the Alfred part up.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I sit corrected, SPEC 2 and there looks like a Nakamichi top loader in there too...

https://eastidaho.craigslist.org/ele/6172249277.html and it works, this amp. I gather that would be a bargain. I'm not really poking fun at it, even though it's in POCATELLO.

I guess that is an OT Heads Up.

Last edited:

ksrigg

Chief Journeyman
Hell Yeah Lee....

I'm glad to see you got her up and running.. I hope you get the table dialed in and start really enjoying it. If you do get into it big time, buy a Spin Clean....the best record cleaning system on the planet (for the money). It is worth the expense and effort. It will make your vinyl sound MUCH better and last longer...(especially old vinyl...and thrift store finds) It will also make your styli last a lot longer too!

It WILL take a little work and some time to truly reap all the rewards of vinyl.....at first I was wondering was all the fuss was about.....but not now... I hope you stick with it...