DENON DP 1500 FOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BlazeES

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Guess I missed all the 'lore' about that spinner over my 10 year tenure here...
Denon... they sure knew how to do turntables!

Tagline
Lifelong student / listening = bliss
Hi Laatsch55,

As a longtime Infinity buff I was reading through this thread with interest. I know that when I have something like this I really enjoy having the period marketing and/or magazine reviews for it...if for no other reason than to help put some context around the item.

For what it's worth I've attached a .pdf for your (and/or Neversatisfied's) viewing pleasure. Although I never owned a Black Widow, I always wanted to try one on & see if I couldn't get the QLS-1s to really sing.

Enjoy -

Attachments

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Hi Laatsch55,

As a longtime Infinity buff I was reading through this thread with interest. I know that when I have something like this I really enjoy having the period marketing and/or magazine reviews for it...if for no other reason than to help put some context around the item.

For what it's worth I've attached a .pdf for your (and/or Neversatisfied's) viewing pleasure. Although I never owned a Black Widow, I always wanted to try one on & see if I couldn't get the QLS-1s to really sing.

Enjoy -
Thank You Dave....appreciate that....

NeverSatisfied

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Play the Game, don’t be the Game
Thank You Dave....appreciate that....
Yes thank you Dave, will print that and put in a 3 ring binder along with the BW manual.
Lee, the packing looks great man, should survive Armageddon.
If your having second thoughts, I get it and would totally understand if you want to keep it?

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Na, just sentimental value Spence. I haven't played it since I put the cart on it and my vinyl collection is pretty small. Used to be damn large but the EX had her way with stuff when I got locked up..

A deals a deal man...I look forward to you bringing it back to a beautiful looking and sounding table again!!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Spencer, you will have to lower the tonearm a bit as the Acutex is sits a little lower than the Astrion did...

BlazeES

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Yeah, like that 62L you have...
Yeah, pretty amazing turntable. Two more years and it will have been with me for 40 years. Time flies !

I even have a second, nearly pristine one in the box I scroed many moons ago - figuring it would be good to have a parts mule around - just in case.
So much for that bit of planning... :p The main dude will probably out live me !

I should sell the damn thing...

NeverSatisfied

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Play the Game, don’t be the Game
Spencer, you will have to lower the tonearm a bit as the Acutex is sits a little lower than the Astrion did...
Figured I would do a complete setup using the original manual instructions. I plan to do a complete cosmetic rebuild including new veneer so the arm will be remounted anyway. Going to be a fun project.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Yeah, pretty amazing turntable. Two more years and it will have been with me for 40 years. Time flies !

I even have a second, nearly pristine one in the box I scroed many moons ago - figuring it would be good to have a parts mule around - just in case.
So much for that bit of planning... :p The main dude will probably out live me !

I should sell the damn thing...

I'd put money on it does Tony...