DENON DP 1500 FOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
Now that the parts are arriving, if that base has gotten some work it will be nice to see this turntable looking good again.

I like seeing these old top units put back in service because they are the best you can get for under a few thou out there and that is a very high level of record play for sure. This one can look stunning when all ready to go.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Just received my new dust cover from Mike......VERY GOOD JOB packing, EXCELLENT JOB on the cover itself. I gad sent the hinge plates with the old one, and the new one slides into pl;ace like it belongs there!!!

THANKS MIKE!! I'm VERY PLEASED!!!

Attachments

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I'm gonna call these Lizard Lids because you'll say IGUANA get one when you see Mike's work! :toothy8:

JustMike

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
"Just Passin thru"
Hey Lee.
Good deal brother. Got there in one piece.
It would have been pretty tough to align those plates so the pins on the hinges would not bind up on the plate receivers.
So I made them adjustable. The original was so warped, I couldn't get an exact center line dimension of the plates.
Thanks again Lee,
Cheer,
Jm

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
It just keeps getting better and better. Gonna be sweet soon enough. With the new cartridge it should sound sweet now.

derek92994

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Those who enter the man cave will get WOPLed
Just received my new dust cover from Mike......VERY GOOD JOB packing, EXCELLENT JOB on the cover itself. I gad sent the hinge plates with the old one, and the new one slides into pl;ace like it belongs there!!!

THANKS MIKE!! I'm VERY PLEASED!!!

Excellent, its all coming together. Lets get this baby singing!

ksrigg

Chief Journeyman
A really nice phono stage for the money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4PvNVBUQGY

This guy does fair reviews of audio stuff, in my humble opinion....and compares to similarly priced options. Pretty awesome..

You can check out his cartridge reviews and comparisons as well...He has a pretty cool channel..

Last edited:

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Thanks Gary... I still have a Spec 1 pre around here with a pretty good phono stage in it. If I want to get any more serious than that it will probably be a bit...