DENON DP 1500 FOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Nothing much going on today and my hands aren't shaking too much...........so we're going to recart the Denon....warmed up on some timer boards...confidence is high...

Attachments

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Gonna take a bit, gotta move the rack out, move the WOPL under test, etc...gonna happen tonight though...

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
Yes cartridges vary as to the wiring set up on them. Usually a manufacturer thing.

I rebuilt my system today. Installed a recapped preamp that needed an aux switch box to handle more high level inputs. Sounds as good as it can with the speakers. Don't know how long I will keep this set hooked up.

Glad to read that your turntable is getting hooked up to the spec 1. Let us know how you like listening to records, not how much more work it is to deal with the limited play time of 15-23 min per side. I have a friend that plays 78s, 3 min per side. Time to use a record changer for that I would think.

derek92994

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Those who enter the man cave will get WOPLed
En route to townsville at the moment. Just stopped to get pizza to soak up the alcohol

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Amen Bud....

This one first.

Took gthe Denon to the Spec 1 phono input, tape out of the Spec to tape in on the Acurus, and then to Timdalfs 700 WOPL....

Attachments

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
AFTER 30 SOME YEARS!!!!! She sings.....pretty bright cart, BUT don't know if my setup is close, this is just a "see if it works" deal. Stephen already said I'm "draggin my tail". And yep the tonearm is sloped down to the record surface...ah....there's the snaps and pops of years ago...

Attachments