DENON DP 1500 FOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tagline
Lifelong student / listening = bliss
Yes thank you Dave, will print that and put in a 3 ring binder along with the BW manual.
Lee, the packing looks great man, should survive Armageddon.
If your having second thoughts, I get it and would totally understand if you want to keep it?
NeverSatisfied, laatsch55 must have seen the same first couple of minutes of a popular Jim Carrey movie that I did. No doubt this helps to explain why I package anything being shipped using an almost identical method as seen in the photos above. Looks like you are in good hands...

laatsch55, whatever you do...don't use HDS!

Last edited:

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
The only problem I had was with Fed-Ex Freight in an LTL situation. Had some K-Horns palletted up and sent LTL on FEF what a clusterfuck, and they did not come through unscathed, and they were packed well...and still charged me 987.00.....from Virginia...

Tagline
Lifelong student / listening = bliss
:-( Bummer!

When my QLS-1s were freighted from CO to VT I was a nervous wreck. To me they were more like a prized grand piano instead of just a couple of coffins. Despite weighing 180 lbs each & close to 6' tall, I was so relieved when they came off the back of a ratty-looking 18-wheeler safe & sound.

No worries w/your level of packaging. But when it arrives the same way it left, what then? If NeverSatisfied has watched Antiques Roadshow, he knows that they would admonish him to "not disturb the patina". :0) Seriously, sounds like your turntable is going to a good home, and it will be cool to see it with the new veneer & cosmetic restoration.

Safe travels --

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
Since this thread has come alive again, I have had a visit from a DP-1500 which was actually a Denon platter and a separate base for that platter (motor drive and all). I think the owner had an SME III or something on it. I'm his TT guy and he has brought a few over as he buys and sells. Given me a chance to see a few different tables and arms. Fun to be able to mess with those pieces.

My ∞ BW transport was much easier, carrying it in the trunk. Just removed the counterweight, wire tied the tonearm to the rest and taped the dust cover closed with painter's tape. More stuff for the tt but that is not the arm we are talking about.

Hope this all arrives in great shape. Packing looks good and as Lee learned from MTF, if it moves in the box it is not packed right. I learned a lot opening a lot of gear back when I was selling. If we had one, one was on the shelf. So when a new order came in, I would replace the sold demo units and put the new whatever out on display. Lots of looking at proper packing techniques with stereo gear. I have fortunately found a fellow stereo guy that works at a camera supply warehouse and he gets lots of wonderful packing materials and those Double Wall Boxes like the one Lee has shoved that tt into. Notice the two layers of corrugating and three layers of flat linerboard...that is double walled. Spent some time in the pulp and paper industry, too.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Spence, I was told 3rd, it has the smooth one piece tapered graphite shaft and the dampener tray.