Cathy Has Returned

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Theres supposed to be a very fine filament between the tabs that have the alligator clips on em . That's the 6 volt source for the lights..

Attachments

Tagline
---6 and 7 days work week, no end in sight
that makes a lot of sense, Cathy does not have the big caps cradle on the transformer, so the caps would still be mounted in clamp straps.
I can see that doable. I believe somebody would do that one day, if not already...

Gibsonian

Chief Journeyman
Wow Lee, you are smoking here. If I only had a set of Series II fins I'd think about the new chassis.

Lee would it be possible to add some small value mylar caps in parallel with the PS caps to lower ESR? I did this on Cathy before she was a WOPL and I liked it.

The small filament removal was my doing, thought it was a short that shouldn't be there! Also, remembering now why I chopped up the meter board, was the mention of dual zoebels in the circuit.

My voltage a smidge higher than yours as I tested her at 109.5 V here before frying the PCB.

How does she sound on the Khorns?

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Oh, I have a new chassis, new heatsinks and a set of backplanes ready to go. Yeah, we can bypass the c PS caps.