Bad Boy SAE A1001 is Mine

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
I wonder if Joe will take up the challenge with this to make the WOPL spec better. Most of what I see from these tests is inaudible right Perry?
If I did you would no longer appreciate the sonic quality...

The gain can be set anywhere you want, there is no winner or loser in that category...

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
After listening to some Vinyl, I am VERY happy with this P-500. It has lots of bottom end punch, the mids and highs could use some smoothing, it's just a bit brash. I may have to do some research and put some new caps in it to see what it does for the sound quality. Is it a WOPL???? HELL NO, is it a capable, powerfull amp???? Fuckin A it is....... If there are people telling you the SAE isn't that great, they have shitty equipment supplying the signal, or shitty acoustics/speakers. Not every system is going to be happy with it, don't expect it to but my system is quite happy.

End of experiment.

Synopsis: Cool

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
NICE!! You may have to give it some more play time Perry, Mine needed some to smooth out the top end, there is a lot of stuff in there and it might not have been used for awhile, she needs to get back in the groove, I'm very happy you're diggin' it :occasion1:

When you come up for the Enforcer test/party...I'll let you take the baby A202 back to test and play with, she's small but, is even more musical that the big boys. I had it cranked when my EE buddy Dale was over, jamming Alan Parsons, he tapped me on the shoulder and pointed to the amp...the red Peak light was on steady...he yelled "It's not clipping" :iconbiggrin:. I'd be interested in what you think about it as well, makes me feel like I haven't lost my fool mind after all :eek:

Congrat's on joining the elite SAE club, you got a winner there bro!!

Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
NICE!! You may have to give it some more play time Perry, Mine needed some to smooth out the top end, there is a lot of stuff in there and it might not have been used for awhile, she needs to get back in the groove, I'm very happy you're diggin' it :occasion1:

When you come up for the Enforcer test/party...I'll let you take the baby A202 back to test and play with, she's small but, is even more musical that the big boys. I had it cranked when my EE buddy Dale was over, jamming Alan Parsons, he tapped me on the shoulder and pointed to the amp...the red Peak light was on steady...he yelled "It's not clipping" :iconbiggrin:. I'd be interested in what you think about it as well, makes me feel like I haven't lost my fool mind after all :eek:

Congrat's on joining the elite SAE club, you got a winner there bro!!
Craig this was plugged in and powered up for 20 years so no playtime should be needed. Probably just needs a minor freshening up since it was never abused in the studio. I would not mind giving it a flogging!!!