Bad Boy SAE A1001 is Mine

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SAE-A1001-S...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Soon to be at Casa De La stu, well after Stephen picks it up in LA and plays with it for awhile, thanks Stephen for everything!! He said he'll loan me a Jeff Rowland high current amp to compare my new baby with, just for slaps and giggles. What fun that's gonna be!

I talked with the seller this afternoon, nice feller, retired SAE marketing rep from back in the day. He and Stephen may have crossed paths before, small world. I'm sure they'll have a wonderful meeting!

I think I got a hellova deal, it's very nice cosmetically, was probably barely used in a overkill system.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Glad to see things came together.....so he's loaning a Rowland?? Too bad the SS400 isn't there....I'd like to see how it would do on the slabs...

MarkWComer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
I had that one on my watch list to see how much it fetched...

WOW! What a beauty! Congrats on the win!

NavLinear

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SAE-A1001-S...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Soon to be at Casa De La stu, well after Stephen picks it up in LA and plays with it for awhile, thanks Stephen for everything!! He said he'll loan me a Jeff Rowland high current amp to compare my new baby with, just for slaps and giggles. What fun that's gonna be!

I talked with the seller this afternoon, nice feller, retired SAE marketing rep from back in the day. He and Stephen may have crossed paths before, small world. I'm sure they'll have a wonderful meeting!

I think I got a hellova deal, it's very nice cosmetically, was probably barely used in a overkill system.
Nice score Craig. I've never heard this amp before but from what I've read it's quite the beast. Damn - a new kick ass amp and speaks - you're rocking dude!

fitz43

Congrats! I hope it exceeds your expectations.

stuwee

Thanks my friends, I have been blessed lately and I am extremely grateful !! Having gone through not listening to music for many months I'm getting my groove back :happy3:

At 80lbs and underside vents, it can't sit on the ceramic vase footers I have it's little brother on see pics in the Martin Logan Summit thread. I'm thinking a nice slab of marble on some spikes. Maybe Stephen has something I could buy off him? Haha on the circuit breaker!! I must talk to the landlord, I like the amp near the speakers and right now the right Summit is plugged into the same outlet as the big screen/DVD player. That shouldn't be an issue but, using that amp on the same power strip will not do :shaking2:

Speaker cables will need upgrading as well, I'm waiting to hear back from a ML forum member who offered some ZU Audio Jullians, Gortez M2, and something called 'anti-cables' that might be custom for me to test out. I'm not a big cable freak but know you can't send that much power down the line to such amazing speakers without some serious cord!

Thanks again my fellow audio fiends :hello1: :compress: :hello1: , much love, the stumiester

stuwee

Thanks Jim, but have you heard that SAE is back? http://hear-sae.com/products/sae-2hp/

2 horsepower, made in the USA, James is gone...R.I.P. Brother!!

See that little amp on the floor on the left ? the A202 drives me nuts, it just loves to please like a puppy, I have the peak meters on steady and no sign/sound of clipping nasties!

Last edited:

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Look at the difference between the 1001 and the D-500 of PL's. Both are advertised at 500wpc into 8 . Looking at the construction of each amp it's pretty easy to see which one is the better amp. Different set of bean counters for sho. ....

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Congratulations on your new amp purchase, Craig. I didn't know SAE built power amps that big, but I certainly like what you've bought.

Nando.