Audio Alchemy

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Here is a post Mark sent to me.

Good Morning All...

I just re-checked with Peter Madnick and indeed - the DDE's do NOT have I2S OUTPUTS... they DO HAVE I2S input(s) as I recalled so that one could use a DTI between the CDP of your choice and the DDE - or direct (I2S) from many Alchemy CDP's to the DDE directly.

I hope this helps... if any of you need assistance in hooking these up please send me an e-mail or PM me through this board and I will call you directly to help. I'm glad to do so... I'm very grateful for this place and the invitation that Larry gave me in joining all of you here...

Respectfully...

theaudiodesigngroupe

New Around These Parts
speakerman1 said:
Here is a post Mark sent to me.

Good Morning All...

I just re-checked with Peter Madnick and indeed - the DDE's do NOT have I2S OUTPUTS... they DO HAVE I2S input(s) as I recalled so that one could use a DTI between the CDP of your choice and the DDE - or direct (I2S) from many Alchemy CDP's to the DDE directly.

I hope this helps... if any of you need assistance in hooking these up please send me an e-mail or PM me through this board and I will call you directly to help. I'm glad to do so... I'm very grateful for this place and the invitation that Larry gave me in joining all of you here...

Respectfully...
Thanks for posting this Larry... I must of been having some problems posting remotely...

theaudiodesigngroupe

New Around These Parts
For those interested in hearing a really wonderful Class D amp - do stay in touch with Larry as I'm due to ship him today a few of our stereo Class D amps.

These are really musical - very tactile and dynamic in the bottom octaves - yet sweet and nicely detailed in the mids and highs... I love these amps - and I think you folks will as well...

Thanks,

Mark

PS - sorry for the thread-barge here... :cool:

ronin

Journeyman
speakerman1 said:
I can tell you Mark is different. So far he has treated me right. I mean I asked him one question and we have been emailing ever since. I had never heard of PT till he mentioned it. I might be buying his left overs I don't know. I'm ok with that. I have read alot of things and I know some things. He has answered every question I have asked him. I have been in this business a while not a long while. It is a small community. I know the one transport by Pioneer you can't get parts for and I think the other transports were Sony. The 1st Onix transport was made by MBL or MRL. I can't remember. The others were made by Shanling. I'm suppose to get papers on those. I have 3 PSU 4s sitting here which were suppose to be good. The PT PSUs are suppose to be great. I am getting some of those. I may be getting some of the P1s and P3s. I think I bought a AA DDE 1.5. It works great. It works so good I don't want to send my amp out. LOL

So I'm sending the stuff out tomorrow to Jerry. I guess I'm boxing up the amp and one component that rattles to you and then Jerry will send the other stuff to you. Gotta juggle some money around. LOL

He mentioned the X amps to me again. Don't know what is going on there yet. He has a bunch of them. We shall see.

Larry
Just read this post and I must say it was very relaxed and quite informative. There are times that when reading other posts, seem nightmarish and short lived as a read.

But this was a pleasure. Glad to be part of this forum. Did you guys really get new SERIOUS stuff to play with? Ouch.

theaudiodesigngroupe

New Around These Parts
laatsch55 said:
Anytime info like that is posted it's not what I call athread barge.
Thank you - I appreciate that.

I'm excited to hear what Larry thinks of these amps (and you guys too)... These are based on the NXP 8950 (latest latest part) and sound terrific.

This is a design that (as I understand it) was derived by the incredible Hypex UcD topology. NXP (Philips) has been a leader in this area for quite some time. I like the sound of this design considerably more than amps based on the B+O "Ice" topology and modules. That said YMMV... :)

Many thanks,

Mark

speakerman1

Tagline
Mark we are glad you joined. On another note.

Jerry don't use the I2s cord. We were right. These are an early model under a different design. Just run your input into the DTI the the coax output to the DDE. They forgot these were made. LOL Jerry just hook them up like you have them. LOL

I just looked at the PRO. I am totally confused again. If you want after I get the Perpetual Tech P1 and P3 hooked up and running. I think Mark may have more. I can send them around; but I would like to listen to them a bit and see what all they do for my system.

Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
I think the way Jerry has it hooked will work. It worked for me. I would send more out. I have 1 DAC left. It is going some where. So the one Jerry has is Jerry's. But that is the one that has to be passed around. I'm using the Perpetual Tech. P1 and P3 right now. I haven't gotten to listen really hard yet. I have been in this garage messing with the printer.

Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
Here is the deal with what I have left. I may buy another AA DAC if I like it when I get it back and compare to the PT gear. All the DACs are gone. I have DTIs left. If after you listen to them let me know. The power supplies is what cost the money. Just price the stuff on ebay.

Larry