Audio Alchemy

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
laatsch55 said:
The DTI pro and DDE pro are Pioneer built units, should be good stuff. That was just off the top of the head. Still need to research.
I think the only thing built by Pioneer was the Transport in the one of the CDPs. Can you show me where you found the other info? They all say made in the USA.

Larry

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
The info on the P-3a was from a stereophile review where a college student improved the P-3a sooooo much the manufacturer allowed him to make the mods AND charge it out to the customer AND backed it with a factory warranty. The founders ofPerpetual tech were remnants of Audio Alchemy. Gotta be pretty confident to allow that type of business practise, maybe he does business a little different.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Pioneer built the DDS pro cd transport, and the ACD pro cd player. The DTI, and DDE were AA's brainchild.

speakerman1

Tagline
I can tell you Mark is different. So far he has treated me right. I mean I asked him one question and we have been emailing ever since. I had never heard of PT till he mentioned it. I might be buying his left overs I don't know. I'm ok with that. I have read alot of things and I know some things. He has answered every question I have asked him. I have been in this business a while not a long while. It is a small community. I know the one transport by Pioneer you can't get parts for and I think the other transports were Sony. The 1st Onix transport was made by MBL or MRL. I can't remember. The others were made by Shanling. I'm suppose to get papers on those. I have 3 PSU 4s sitting here which were suppose to be good. The PT PSUs are suppose to be great. I am getting some of those. I may be getting some of the P1s and P3s. I think I bought a AA DDE 1.5. It works great. It works so good I don't want to send my amp out. LOL

So I'm sending the stuff out tomorrow to Jerry. I guess I'm boxing up the amp and one component that rattles to you and then Jerry will send the other stuff to you. Gotta juggle some money around. LOL

He mentioned the X amps to me again. Don't know what is going on there yet. He has a bunch of them. We shall see.

Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
No they were Music 123 I think. They had a lot of problems. In essence it sunk his boat. Be cause he was buying containers from China and the units were bad. So he had to do warranty work. It was his last company. I forget the name of the company.

Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
laatsch55 said:
Were the x-amps an AA product?
If I remember right. They were 200 watt monobloc T-amps. They got a lot of praise once the bugs were fixed. That is what sunk his boat. You can google them. I mean if you buy a container of bad product your sunk. That is for sure.

Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
laatsch55 said:
Were the x-amps an AA product?
They were an AV123 product. They weighed 7 lbs and put out 150 watts into 8 ohms. They were mono-blocs. People said they were very neutral in their sound. There were some nice speakers to go with them. I just emailed a friend who bought all the speaker stock to see if he had any left.

Larry

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Running into a snag trying to get my 400 watt L-Mosfet monoblocs going. The complementary pairs are 18.90 per. Need 2 pair per monobloc. Contacted Semelab in the UK, they gave me the contact info for their US distributors and two answered. One wanted to know my company name and how many I wanted, never heard from them again. The one that did answer back said 18.90 with a minimum of 100 pairs. I e-mailed back saying i could 50 pair, nope, they're stickingby their guns.

theaudiodesigngroupe

New Around These Parts
Just a quick hello and a further bit of information.

The x-amps were an av123 product - designed by Doug Goldberg.

These amps (stereo and mono) were based on NXP technology and not TriPath.

These were terrific products.

More tomorrow... thanks for the invite to participate here...

Mark

speakerman1

Tagline
Listening to some yes at the moment with the DTI Pro hooked up. Maybe I'm hearing things. It does sound good. Everything is crisp and detailed. Will jam with something else in a while.

Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
Lee the AA stuff was sent today. I didn't put a cord in to hook to your CDP. I hope I put the other one in.

Jerry
I sent you the AA stuff also.

Larry

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
As Nando once told me " I haven't been this excited since the Girlfriend said " Yeah, we can do that"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!