AM Listening

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
I have been busy this AM. Got an order for 100 tapes ASAP. At 1 AM. Getting that done. The manuals. Will have to know the Shanling numbers.

Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
Just put some Alan Parsons on. I'm in the garage. I hope this will be a good day for Phoenix. I would like to thank all the people involved with this. At least I have a vacuum pump and an air compressor. And orders waiting. Didn't sleep good last night. I have IBS and when I get nervous it isn't fun. After Tom said about the shorting solder I remember reading about it. Just did it. I may have messed up the chip. Trying to pull it. Oh well a lesson learned. LOL

Have A Good Day
Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
Well we be rockin this AM Alice In Chains "Dirt". I'm in the garage. I think I live out here. Jerry you wouldn't believe it. The work table you can almost see it is wood. The freezer is almost clear. LOL I was working yesterday. It almost looks like a garage and nothing to do with audio. LMAO Yeah right. Being some what mellow today. Need to get some more top soil for my flower beds. Yes Timmy there is more to life than Audio. LOL Guess I should call Fedex and raise some cane. Just don't feel like arguing right now. Have to call the IRS too. I want my money. LOL

Well guys have a good day.

Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
Good Morning all

The new Journey is play as I type. So far on the 1st track. There are some good guitar riffs involved. Might be good to crank this at Mach 7.I really like this setup I have hooked to the PL, I was picking on the people on facebook who knew me when I was growing up. I told them who of you would have thought a little dweeb like me would turn out like this with my music. LMAO

So far I don't know what I'm thinking of this CD. Dude can sing; but it seems he is a little to much in my face. I would rather listen to music. Than the vocals. I know the words to very few songs. I think that is why I like the blues. Lot of music and little singing.

Well I was going to work outside today. RAIN Had another customer email me. He likes my tapes. A box of c-100 chrome is 210.00. Every time I turn around more freaking money.

OK back to the CD. If you are a big Journey fan. Buy it. Jerry Mothers of Invention was who Frank Zappa played with. LOL Man I haven't heard Don't eat yellow snow in a long time.

Larry

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Don't eat the yellow snow was of "Apostraphe" also can't forget Nanook of the North!!

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Nanook Of The North was one of my nicknames given to me by some co-workers. I have only one Zappa LP, and I can't even tell you the title off the top of my head.

Nando.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Never will. Not commercial enough, not that he ever was , but a comfortable following, named his kids "Moon Unit" and "Dwezel" how coolis that???

speakerman1

Tagline
Well I'm in my sound room this morning. Don't get in here much lately.Never heard this one guy before. So I'm listening to Jack Bruce and Robin Trower " Seven Moons Live" Thought I would try it. Since it is 5:30 AM it is kind of hard to get the full effect of it. Maybe I'm getting older. I'm liking the Blues a lot more. I have bought some rock; but mostly blues lately. This is a good CD. I'm liking it alot. Scared to play it through the PL this early. There is no quiet on that amp. It is either loud or louder. LOL This is pretty good. Reminds me of the 70s music. I started listening to Trower in the late 80s early 90s. Had a friend who was a classical guitarist. And yes he made a living doing it. He played at one of the nice hotels in Orlando at lunch time. This guy was good. He turned me onto a lot of music. One bad thing. He was hooking up a power cart to a tug and he said stop and the tug had no brakes. Cut off 2 of his fingers. He sued the company. He made more playing guitar then he did as a mech. Don't know how it worked out. He was a good guy. Some very good guitar work on this CD. Will crank later.

Larry

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
Ah Larry, you're taking me back.......I'd play Bridge of Sighs relentlessly on my old Philco mono console, Dad thought he was very talented, but Mom hated it :thumbright: a sign to a 12 year old boy that he was F'n Great :thumbleft:

Glad to see he's still out and about :D

Attachments

speakerman1

Tagline
Stuwee
I have bought a few of his lately. He is a good player for sure. I like Robert Cray also. My friend taught me about him also. He sold me my 1st CDP. Yes you had to lock it down to transport it. I forgot and it never played again. LOL So yes Stuwee I remember the locks on the CDPs.

Larry