Rocking the free upgrade to Windows 10

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
No, the problem was that it was just bogging this thing down, Word Perfect 11 was only half functional which you don't want when trying to put a holiday card and CD together, and it made Windows Media Player a bit worse too.

Then I went to the Microsoft Community and saw that not only was Yahoo! a tamer place right now but that the one of the 'MVPs' was getting a little crispy and I finally reported him and asked him in nicer terms just what in the hell he figured he was doing anyway. He actually stood down. I asked him why he'd want to demonstrate the reason he had a 4-year hiatus as an MVP anyway and that nobody seems to love Edge, get over it. Blah blah blah. It took a while to even find how to do it and them it seemed to be in a loop but I finally gave up and went to bed hoping that when I got back in here I'd see 7 again.

Thank goodness I did.

But things worked good for a few daze. Then Edge started wanting to take things back over and Microsoft found out that most of their users are older or Hindu etc.

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
I don't know about the rest of it, but at least you got win 7 back with a bunch of win 10 residue on your drive.

orange

Tagline
Sorry, but I'm a fan of the Three Stooges.

Especially their descendant Iggy.

orange

Tagline
I don't know about the rest of it, but at least you got win 7 back with a bunch of win 10 residue on your drive.
That sounds a bit unprotected and icky.

At least since I got this Sony AV integrated and Marantz Imperial 5s the music has improved on my radio. Bizarre Love Triangle - New Order!

orange

Tagline
At least THIS IE 11 is working and not constantly getting stalled.

orange

Tagline
Okay,,,I have 4 GB RAM in the HP with 10 and it just told me my memory was going to max out and close programs ans I only had one page open in IE!!!

I suspect that this has happened before (brown box icon with the ! triangle but this is the first time I've had a reason given to me and I got a black screen with mouse pointer only, maybe the waiting pointer but...

HUH!??????

BlazeES

Tagline
---
Okay,,,I have 4 GB RAM in the HP with 10 and it just told me my memory was going to max out and close programs ans I only had one page open in IE!!!

I suspect that this has happened before (brown box icon with the ! triangle but this is the first time I've had a reason given to me and I got a black screen with mouse pointer only, maybe the waiting pointer but...

HUH!??????
Something else is clobbering (consuming) your RAM and IE don't like it.

orange

Tagline
I'm assuming it was the site I was on.

orange

Tagline
My uncle served in Vietnam and died of leukemia...whether that got him or not this is the Orange Crush I accept

orange

Tagline
Lost the video again and had to shut down and restart, no response...

This time it happened just as I had the HTML break on a You Tube page...any connection I wonder?

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Full specs on the HP please. Perhapos your graphics card or some of your memory is bad? IIRC you can boot up win 10 to a memory test? You could download Passmark performance test and bench test your machine.