It's getting late...

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
I'm going to have to pass. There's no way to even get a taste of what it does and remain in a subsidized rental nor do I have anything really capable of handling it in speakers. And I'm buried in too much right now to get to it.
The 700B and or Wopl is a metaphor, this thing has no large transformers and does not make much of any noise.

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
But I can bug the other four little houses on the lot with less than sixty. 350 will never get a fair shake here. This is a quiet time for me. My father was both Idaho Army National Guard and MCB Seven, US Navy, and me and mom wouldn't need stuff happening right now. I'm still intending to live at this address until I die, no more moving.

I'm picking up from all the stuff that came previously and slacking off a little that I shouldn't have. Summer is going to be expensive and I have a lot to do. The rent I pay will also be adjusted by the summer's end so I'm on it harder.

orange

Tagline
The original PSU tested okay, all well within specs, as did the one in now. I need to get one of those testers.

I let the repair routine run but it said it couldn't fix it.

The missing device driver was a Toshiba TPM (trusted platform module) driver. I have no unresolved devices now. I'm back in Win 7 too. I'm using the Envision LCD monitor it was using the first time as well. The ATi card I tried wasn't DirectX 9.0 compatible. I'll check Windows Update and see if can find anything else but I think that for now the Standard VGA display drive will do.

I'm watching the PGA US Senior Open on TV. Colin Montgomerie has a two-shot lead over Tom Watson.

Last edited:

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Progress is always good. PSU Testers are nice. The tester I have is an older one and only has led readouts, some of the newer ones have voltage readouts. Ther problem with them is they only tell you if the voltages are correct as they do not test current draw and it is possible to have the correct voltages but not enough current to sufficiently run a motherboard. They for the most part also only test a psu at idle and not under load.

I will get the GT6600 packed up today or tomorrow and sent it out to you. I think if you install it Win 7 will find drivers i nthe driver depository or at worst case you can get them through windows update.

orange

Tagline
My WordPerfect Office 11 was working and it stopped working all the way, couldn't find WP 11 proper and uninstalled to try and install a trial version of Word Perfect Office X7 (17) from the Corel website.

Never would install, kept saying another (un)installation is running, uninstalled the 11 version AGAIN. Went to restart, it sat there forever, shut it down manually as there were no messages, just the waiting spinner thing. Started up again from start normally...

Have no clue if/when I'll get that cleared up. Wanted to sent you my June budget from WP and Windows couldn't find it...will have to enter manually.

orange

Tagline
One mystery solved and one returns...

The 15" monitor got put on the Dell GX-240 and it promptly started rebooting after the 2000 Pro splash screen. It worked fine on this one running right now on the Micron. I have to find the instructions you gave me again and reprint them and switch over and try to finish the GX.

however...

I just got back online after this one rebooted. The PSU is obviously the issue as it was already running and ONLY to post here.

I'm going to get a couple Dell LCD monitors back from a friend while I figure it out.

Last edited:

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
It could be either power supply or bad drivers. If it crashes at idle rather then ouder a load I am inclined to think it is drivers issues or possibly even lack of drivers.

I am sending a Geforce 6600 GT I will work in your pci-e port and install the correct drivers and see if that helps. If it still crashes then it is either the power supply or the motherboard's power sdupply circuit could possibly be failing.

As far as the monitor, I can't see where one monitor would cuase the computer to reboot and one wouldn't, but you never say nevber when working on computers.

orange

Tagline
Well, it's still rebooting so I put this one back on the Micron. If it's resetting the IRQs I can't find anything else offhand in the one page BIOS menu to go to defaults yet. Stuck either way and I changed the video setting from AUTO to AGP too...no dice. Of course, that may be the doohickey that attaches to the board NEXT to the low-profile video card but I don't know.

Stuck temporarily, either way.

orange

Tagline
Trial and error are what Amanda Knox is dealing with right now, I'm sticking with Hunt and Peck.

orange

Tagline
That's pretty cool...I'm close to being able to start the dualcore, but I've been up all night and need a nap.

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
That's pretty cool...I'm close to being able to start the dualcore, but I've been up all night and need a nap.
Your a night owl. If I didn't have to work everyday I would stay up a lot later and get up a lot later too. :rabbit:

There are a few modifications to the Dell that I am working on including the cpu, memory, hard drive, power supply and graphics card. Oh did I mention it runs on Win 7 Pro. :-o

orange

Tagline
Trust me, I'm not a night owl anymore, I'm an old bird tho'...

I slept a little but kept getting interrupted by people at the door.

Insomnia is good though when you find these...anybody care to adopt a Motorola?

The second interruption was when my counselor came over and brought three boxes of canned goods to use or pass along. I saved some for a friend of mine and hopefully I can afford more MEAT now?

Now...I know why the stereo fairing is here, but like with money I'd never count it until my hands were filthy...I had put it out of my mind altogether.

THANK YOU, LEE!

I know you're busy and it's hard at this time of year (taxes were due) and I'm a confused grumpass anyway...I'll get there.

Attachments

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Why don't you post the thank you to Lee where he will see it? He stops in here on occasion but not all the time.

Your a lucky guy, you have more food in your pantry then I have in mine.

orange

Tagline
Cause I called and left a thank you on his voice mail too...I'm not totally lame :munky2: