It's getting late...

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Am I supposed to have them ON or OFF? I always disable things like Wake Up on LAN and remote access features.

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Am I supposed to have them ON or OFF? I always disable things like Wake Up on LAN and remote access features.

Yeah, I always shut them off too. I'd say shut them all off if possible. You might need a bios update too. Check the bios revision number o nthe bios when you are in there and then see if there is an update available on the internet.

orange

Tagline
It's a 900 series board-915 something...I have to restart to figure that out, I looked and there are a bunch of letters that don't say which model in specific following 915G in Device Manager.

Now for one thing...I have an LPC thing that seems to be okay in one place and an Unknown Device that seems to be one and the same...then I see the CPU twice.

Attachments

Last edited:

orange

Tagline
Word Perfect 11 works on 7 with an occasional hiccup, to my relief and happiness. So does my old HP printer. I haven't checked the HP scanner I have.

So far I am quite happy with the results-my existing programs and peripherals have been transferring over well but there is more to do.

I don't know for sure what I am looking for in the way of an update for the ACPI or how to fix the problems I just described.

orange

Tagline
I believe the board I'm looking for is D915GRV. From my recollection I don't think I saw updates for 7 off the top of my search.

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
I would check the website for the motherboard and see if they have an updated acpi driver for this board. They may not as it might not have been designed for Win 7. As far as the unknow device that is related to the missing acpi driver. If you can find a driver that will work, then you will most likely resolve that issue too.

When I get a chance I will post some links top software that can better identify your motherboard, which is probably based an intel chipset and then you can check the intel website for drivers.

As for the two processors in the device manager, that is normal for a Hyper Thread enabled board which makes the OS think the cpu has two logical processors.

orange

Tagline
I would check the website for the motherboard and see if they have an updated acpi driver for this board. They may not as it might not have been designed for Win 7. As far as the unknow device that is related to the missing acpi driver. If you can find a driver that will work, then you will most likely resolve that issue too.

When I get a chance I will post some links top software that can better identify your motherboard, which is probably based an intel chipset and then you can check the intel website for drivers.

As for the two processors in the device manager, that is normal for a Hyper Thread enabled board which makes the OS think the cpu has two logical processors.
It IS an Intel chipset. I will get some links and such to you a bit later, I have an appointment.

orange

Tagline
I may have to save it as text file, unless the HTML file will attach to my email.

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
if you run cpu id you can do a screen grab with the snipping tool in win 7. It will also tell you your bios revision number.

cvpuid1.JPG

cpu id 2.JPG

Last edited:

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Yep, another case of the harware being too old to fully support Win 7. Micron pc are not made anymore so they dont have a driver website. It looks like the board was made in 2003 so I can only find Win XP drivers for it. You can browse around this site to see what you can find.

Looks like there are drivers for Intel 915GRV uATX Motherboard (ClientPro 365) on the below website.

How is your video working on that computer? is it built into the motherboard? The drivers don't look right?

http://www.mpcdrivers.com/apps/compdriv1d3d.html?ID=34

Last edited:

orange

Tagline
Yes, it's onboard and set to switch automatically if a card is added.

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Well as long as the video is working correctly and you can set the resolution to your liking? And you have sound? And the computer is working ok? no blue screens or lockups?

orange

Tagline
And which file am I supposed to be downloading/looking for?

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
And which file am I supposed to be downloading/looking for?
In general should you need drivers for any device. If you have ll you device drivers then ignore the website. I figure you might find the driver for the unknown device. I will post a link when I get a chance for an application called driver booster which will go through your drivers and suggest updates or replacements for you to install. It works good on everything I have tried it on.

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Here is a software I have used a few time to locate and update your drivers. It is a free software but it pesters you to upgrade to the pay version, but it still works of you don't. OI have installed i na quite a few computers and updated the drivers and then uninstalled this software later on.

I am not sure if it will help on the Microns but you can check and see.

http://www.iobit.com/driver-booster.php