Worth a look-see if the price doesn't run up..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
John: You have to convert to CoolIce to see the pasted email.

Nando.
This is what he says after I contacted the Resolution Center and initiated a Dispute: "Alright, big guy. I'm going to have to send them on Monday as the post office isn't open on Sunday. I apologize for the extra wait - I was just waiting for your funds to clear before I sent the item to you." I Don't understand his explanation as the item clears immediately. The question is would you agree to have it sent? It might arrive broken.
Go it I thought Jazzy deleted his response. In the theme I am using here on this forum some text from other themes is the same color as the background making some text invisible.

If you pay with an echeck paypal will wait 3 or 4 days for the payment to clear. I have had people pay through paypal with an e-check and I had to wait for 3 or 4 days before the payment cleared. If you link you paypal account to a credit card you can pay immediately, however if it is linked to a checking account or saving account only it works just like a check and may take several business days to clear. Did you pay with a credit card or echeck?

Also since they guy has zero feedback in selling on ebay paypal may hold the funds for awhile.

Hopefully for the buyers sake the deck arrives safe and sound and as advertised.

Last edited:

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
I guess I am obligated to go through with the transaction once i won the auction but I don't like his attitude especially since he is a liar.
Technically I would argue he had till the end of the day on Monday to ship the item. He lists in his auction 2 days handling time and you won the auction on Thursday, so Friday is day one and Monday is day two. If you check on ebay the handling time is measured in business days not calendar days.

Quote From Ebay auction

Will usually ship within 2 business days of receiving cleared payment.
Quote about handling time from ebay:

Handling TimeThe handling time is the number of business days the seller will take to ship the item after receiving your cleared payment. A payment is considered "cleared" after the money from the buyer has been deposited into the seller’s account. If the buyer pays by PayPal, the payment may clear immediately. However, in categories where permitted, if the buyer pays by check, money order, or eCheck, it may take several days.
This does not include the number of business days the shipping service will take to deliver the item to you.
When a seller has specified a handling time and a certain shipping service with transit times, eBay will provide buyers with an estimated delivery time. By knowing the estimated delivery time, you can determine how long it will take to receive the item. “Business days†are normal weekdays. Saturdays, Sundays, and major holidays do not count as business days, so you’ll want to keep them in mind as you determine the earliest delivery date for you.
If you want to receive the item quickly, complete your payment to the seller as soon as possible. eBay recommends that you use a fast, safe payment method such as PayPal.

Last edited:

Jazzyguy

Journeyman
Tagline
When do you let yourself know that you know?
Technically I would argue he had till the end of the day on Monday to ship the item. He lists in his auction 2 days handling time and you won the auction on Thursday, so Friday is day one and Monday is day two. If you check on ebay the handling time is measured in business days not calendar days.

Quote From Ebay auction

Quote about handling time from ebay:
I paid by PayPal so I don't understand his excuse that he waited for the payment to clear. Ignoring my eMail is not a good idea anyway.

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Maybe he was waiting for the payment to be transferred from paypal to his bank account? That usually takes 3 to 4 days. I have never heard of anyone waiting for that to happen though.

Can you tell us how you know he ignored your emails? What if he was away from his computer for a day or so? If someone didn't return my emails for one day I would think they probably haven't seen them. Anyway I'd cut the guy some slck as not every one jumps up and ships ebay packages the minute they receive payment. The guy has never sold on ebay before so give him some slack to learn the process.

Let us know what the deck is like after you receive it. :p

Jazzyguy

Journeyman
Tagline
Maybe he was waiting for the payment to be transferred from paypal to his bank account? That usually takes 3 to 4 days. I have never heard of anyone waiting for that to happen though.

Can you tell us how you know he ignored your emails? What if he was away from his computer for a day or so? If someone didn't return my emails for one day I would think they probably haven't seen them. Anyway I'd cut the guy some slck as not every one jumps up and ships ebay packages the minute they receive payment. The guy has never sold on ebay before so give him some slack to learn the process.

Let us know what the deck is like after you receive it. :p
He only responded after I contacted the Resolution Center and informed them that he ignored the emails I sent him. He admits that he didn't respond because he waited for PayPal to clear.This is a lie as PayPal doesn't transfer money to a seller's account until after he presents a tracking # and he is aware of that because he bought 2 items before this sale.Why should this seller be given slack? He got paid immediately and he should be appreciative of this instead of tending false excuses.If this Deck doesn't perform its functions it is going right back to his address.PayPal doesn't transfer cash to a seller's bank account until long after he presents a tracking # and at least 20 or 30 days after to make sure the item is OK. So that excuse is invalid.

Last edited:

Jazzyguy

Journeyman
Tagline
I called PayPal to let them know the update on this case. They told me that the seller is a liar as he got the funds immediately.They told me not to write to him any more. He still has not replied to PayPal. They told me to have no further discussions with him.They are also watching to see that he does not sell this again under other names.The PayPal representative DID say he was a LIARin those exact terms.

Last edited:

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Ok, I'll take you word for it although I am not sure if paypal would hold his funds as I have never encountered that issue with paypal. I can transfer funds out of my paypal account as soon as they arrive in it. I do know on some new ebay seller accounts and in certain categories they do hold funds for 21 days.

I have a hard time believing paypal would tell you that, but if they did I am not sure why they wouldn't just let you cancel the transaction and have the seller refund your payment. The only reason I see why they didn't do that is because then paypal and ebay would not collect any fees.

As I said before hopefully the deck arrives and meets to your satisfaction.

Last edited:

Jazzyguy

Journeyman
Tagline
Ok, I'll take you word for it although I am not sure if paypal would hold his funds as I have never encountered that issue with paypal. I can transfer funds out of my paypal account as soon as they arrive in it. I do know on some new ebay seller accounts and in certain categories they do hold funds for 21 days.
They told me he got the money right away!

Jazzyguy

Journeyman
Tagline

I have a hard time believing paypal would tell you that, but if they did I am not sure why they wouldn't just let you cancel the transaction and have the seller refund your payment. The only reason I see why they didn't do that is because then paypal and ebay would not collect any fees.

The rep from PayPal did call him a liar in those EXACT words!

Last edited:

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
They told me he got the money right away!
Well then as a newbie he probably though he didn't have to ship till the money was transferred to his bank account, or he didn't feel like shipping the deck right away. Ebay is always a gamble with millions of sellers and buyers making up their own rules as they go along.

Always be cautious with a new ebay seller and if the seller is too lazy to type a good description take that as a bad signal also.

Last edited:

Jazzyguy

Journeyman
Tagline
Well then as a newbie he probably though he didn't have to ship till the money was transferred to his bank account, or he didn't feel like shipping the deck right away. Ebay is always a gamble with millions of sellers and buyers making up their own rules as they go along.

Always be cautious with a new ebay seller and if the seller is too lazy to type a good description take that as a bad signal also.
You are absolutely correct! I have been screwed many times I even bought a Tandberg Cassette Deck 3014 that was advertised as Perfect. It would not record! The seller sold it to someone else later after I got my refund. I noticed that the new buyer never left him any feedback so there must be something wrong again.I bought a Nak 600 that would not rewind probably a bad belt. I bought a Kenwood KX-1030 that was full of WOW and Flutter.It also was advertised by a seller named "Old Guy" as perfect. End of story!

BlazeES

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
I have another valuable tip:

Always contact the seller and ask questions; especially on tape deck purchases or anything with moving parts/layers of electro-mechanical functionality.

Ask about shipping and packaging
Ask about functionality
Ask about ownership trail
Ask if the item has been tinkered with

essentially, communicate about all the common sense stuff.. :p

Anyone that doesn't apply some common sense to vintage gear
is simply asking for trouble..

..and drama.

Last edited:

Jazzyguy

Journeyman
Tagline
He SAID he was going to the Annex (whatever that is) and ship the deck on Monday so he sez! BUT he didn't so far as I have looked on my mail and on eBay (my summary) and didn't see a tracking #. I believe the PayPal Representative was right when he called the seller a liar.Heprobably knows more about the seller than I do.

BubbaH

Tagline
---
You are absolutely correct! I have been screwed many times I even bought a Tandberg Cassette Deck 3014 that was advertised as Perfect. It would not record! The seller sold it to someone else later after I got my refund. I noticed that the new buyer never left him any feedback so there must be something wrong again.I bought a Nak 600 that would not rewind probably a bad belt. I bought a Kenwood KX-1030 that was full of WOW and Flutter.It also was advertised by a seller named "Old Guy" as perfect. End of story!
Being honest, I'd say you seem to have a habit of grabbing things before thinking them through. Just in the last 2 or 3 weeks you have asked for advice on more decks than I have owned. If im correct, you bought most of those you were asking for advice on. Your methods are asking for bad news, and as Tony mentioned... drama. Spend some time and buy 1 good deck rather than jump at 3.

About the ebay nonsense.... you hung around at TH long enough to know or at least read how that place works. At this stage of the game, you are more culprit than a newbie seller. I hope this sounds like constructive feedback, as apposed to ragging.

Jazzyguy

Journeyman
Tagline
Being honest, I'd say you seem to have a habit of grabbing things before thinking them through. Just in the last 2 or 3 weeks you have asked for advice on more decks than I have owned. If im correct, you bought most of those you were asking for advice on. Your methods are asking for bad news, and as Tony mentioned... drama. Spend some time and buy 1 good deck rather than jump at 3.

About the ebay nonsense.... you hung around at TH long enough to know or at least read how that place works. At this stage of the game, you are more culprit than a newbie seller. I hope this sounds like constructive feedback, as apposed to ragging.
Ben from another Ben (jazzyguy) you are correct.I have been on a buying spree.I bought a DENON DR-F7,a Denon DRM-700 ,a Tascam112 MarkII but that is all.I didn't buy the Pioneer CTF-1250 or the Pioneer CTF-950. Live and learn,even when one is in the Senior Years. BTW I have a posting on TH wherein I said you were right about the DRM-700 .It arrived and it is very clean! So is the Denon DR-F7

Last edited:

Jazzyguy

Journeyman
Tagline
Well now he sent it the cheapest way even though he stated that he was going to send it with a quality service. He sent it Parcel Post Economy USPS.I will send it back if there is ANYTHING wrong at all.I'm not screwing around with this idiot.

Last edited:

Jazzyguy

Journeyman
Tagline

Wait a second....Am I reading this right???? I am a culprit???What for?? For putting my money down and paying right away through PayPal or expecting that sellers give me the courtesy of responding to my emails. They usually do respond and don't ignore my emails as this seller did. If you guys judge people by their actions why are you doubting my sincerity and INTEGRITY?

Last edited:

Jazzyguy

Journeyman
Tagline

That is what is going to happen if the seller doesn't respond to PayPal they are going to refund my money even though he sends it. I will send it back to him if he supplies me with funds for transmitting it to him.I don't like your "I have a hard time believing that." The seller is a stranger and I am a member of this group.Why are you doubting my sincerity and INTEGRITY?

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
That is what is going to happen if the seller doesn't respond to PayPal they are going to refund my money even though he sends it. I will send it back to him if he supplies me with funds for transmitting it to him.I don't like your "I have a hard time believing that." The seller is a stranger and I am a member of this group.Why are you doubting my sincerity and INTEGRITY?
Ok, I've been watching this "drama" unfold and honestly Jazzy - I and I have a strong suspicion many others here think the entire "drama" part of this is "all you". If it takes me bluntly pointing that out to you, then so be it.

Put yourself in the seller's shoes for just a moment. You're nervous enough since this seems to be your first sale on ebay, and now not even 24 hours after the auction close, the winner's emailed you SIX TIMES already (I won't speculate the content of the emails, but as Nando stated that would have put ANYONE off - even the most seasoned sellers with 1000+ feedback and 100 percent positive).

Now, the auction's ended on a Thursday... He still had 2 business days... today at 3pm eastern.. to ship the deck to you. And as far as payment, well.. I haven't seen anywhere on this thread to where you stated you paid by direct withdrawal, CC, or eCheck (where the last option.. eCheck DOES take time to clear). So how was your payment configured??

And finally... 2 days later (!!!!) and on a weekend where his options are limited, you file a paypal dispute?? And the basis is because he won't answer your emails?? You do realize that some people are not sitting in front of their computer 24 hours a day, right? I'm going to say the TYPICAL email sender would wait at least a couple of days before following up - that's just good etiquette, sir...

Jeeze man... really??? Remind me that if I ever do offer something for sale on ebay to watch for your name on the bidder's list. Just how "entitled" do you think you should be here??

Sorry.. I am getting more and more pissed off, and I sure as heck don't need this "drama" going on - not on this forum as we all DO try to be as laid back as we can, but damn... someone has to be brutally honest that you've created this debacle all on your own. Take this the way you'll take it, but all of these one sided "poor me" posts I'm seeing from you without any real basis to them isn't too cool in my book.

Think.. reflect... review this thread from the beginning and try to see the other party's side of it, as I (and I am sure others here) have. That's what I am telling you... take it for what it's worth.

BubbaH

Tagline
---
Wait a second....Am I reading this right???? I am a culprit???What for?? For putting my money down and paying right away through PayPal or expecting that sellers give me the courtesy of responding to my emails. They usually do respond and don't ignore my emails as this seller did. If you guys judge people by their actions why are you doubting my sincerity and INTEGRITY?
In no way am I calling out your integrity or your sincerity Jazz. My point is, someone who is seasoned at this, which im going to say you are(based on the amount of decks you have purchased) should understand the do's and dont's of ebay at this point. Especially when dealing with a newb seller. Too much ebay nonsense involved in our hobby these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.