Worth a look-see if the price doesn't run up..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
If someone bought this for under $100 I would say they scooped it for a good deal. Onkyo is not a brand you see often used by tape enthusiasts.

Nando.

BlazeES

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
If someone bought this for under $100 I would say they scooped it for a good deal. Onkyo is not a brand you see often used by tape enthusiasts.

Nando.
Very true my Elite-ist friend. And a puzzling dynamic (on that 2nd part you mention..).

The Integra line of gear is more than decent stuff and it shocks me it receives so little love..

BubbaH

Tagline
---
To be honest Tony, Onkyo has never been a brand I would get excited for. Any pieces I have seen were less the mediocre at best. Thats not to say Onkyo never made anything good. Around here it wouldnt be common to see a totl Onkyo.

Elite-ist

Staff member
An Onkyo Integra TA-2090 was reportedly ranked as Stereo Review's Top 5 Cassette Decks for 1988. I have a baby Onkyo, a TA-R200.

Nando.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I have 2 here and one at Jer's (TA-2050) getting a tire.

Believe it's TA-2022 and 2044 and not sure if the 2044 is working but the cord was also cut when I got it.

Elite-ist

Staff member
My X-brother-in-law, Chris, bought a new TOTL Pioneer system in 1981. One of his friends, who currently lives in California, went the Integra route. Chris had high praise for his friend's sytem, and he may still have hung unto most, if not all, the old Integra components.

Nando.

BlazeES

Tagline
---
My X-brother-in-law, Chris, bought a new TOTL Pioneer system in 1981. One of his friends, who currently lives in California, went the Integra route. Chris had high praise for his friend's sytem, and he may still have hung unto most, if not all, the old Integra components.

Nando.
A buddy of mine was a big Denon fan back in the late Eighties, almost to a fault, yet he always preferred Onkyo for his decks and the tapes he made always sounded fantastic.

Never had a chance to ever demo a 2090 but it looks like a fine specimen of a deck!

Last edited:

Jazzyguy

Journeyman
Tagline
When do you let yourself know that you know?

Nando.
If the heads are worn where can you get new heads to replace them?

Jazzyguy

Journeyman
Tagline
I won it!!!!!! I hope it is a good one! The price was $117+shipping $45 WHOOPIE FOR ME!!!!!!!!! Where are the Congrats?????

Last edited:

Elite-ist

Staff member
You have been in a buying flurry of late. What's your cassette deck count up to now? Yes, congratulations on getting the Onkyo deck. I am interested in how the one you bought will perform.

Nando.

Jazzyguy

Journeyman
Tagline
You have been in a buying flurry of late. What's your cassette deck count up to now? Yes, congratulations on getting the Onkyo deck. I am interested in how the one you bought will perform.

Nando.
It is up to 8 now.Thank You for the Congrats. This one should be good after all the seller says it was taken care of "with loving care" LOL:confused2: Let me list them a Nak Dragon,a Nak RX202,Tascam122,DenonRF-7,Tascam122MarkIII,Tascam112MarkII,Denon M-700.The Onkyo2058 makes 8. The Tascam122MarkIII needed new heads and it is on the way back from Sam(Skywave) I am using Russosound TMS-1.I have 4 of them ,3 are in operation. You can put 3 tape decks in each tape monitor.I love them.

Last edited:

Jazzyguy

Journeyman
Tagline

Nando.
I asked the seller if he has the user manual or the remote. He has NOT answered me at all. I think he is angry that his deck sold for so little. Why on earth then did he start it off at $15?

BlazeES

Tagline
---
Why do you say that? I thought it was a good price.
Personally, I happen to agree with Nando - below $100 is much better, especially markedly below $100.

That said, if you are happy with it then that is all that really matters; it certainly looks to be a fine specimen.
Congrats! :p

I linked it here because I thought that if it stayed anywhere near the low water mark, it was a screamin' deal - with
the caveat that the shipping didn't seem right to me - too high for "economy shipping". If it were me I would
iron that out with the listing party. UPS Ground from SoCal to Florida with something south of 20 lbs should be
around $25 or less - no added insurance needed because UPS automatically covers up to $100, built-in.
I don't consider UPS or FedEx Ground service to be anything remotely equivalent to "economy";
to me economy means parcel post or something along those lines..

Last edited:

Jazzyguy

Journeyman
Tagline
Personally, I happen to agree with Nando - below $100 is much better, especially markedly below $100.

That said, if you are happy with it then that is all that really matters; it certainly looks to be a fine specimen.
Congrats! :p

I linked it here because I thought that if it stayed anywhere near the low water mark, it was a screamin' deal - with
the caveat that the shipping didn't seem right to me - too high for "economy shipping". If it were me I would
iron that out with the listing party. UPS Ground from SoCal to Florida with something south of 20 lbs should be
around $25 or less - no added insurance needed because UPS automatically covers up to $100, built-in.
I agree that the shipping should not be more than $25 but I can't get the seller to reply to me. I asked him to please double box it and put in extra padding as it has to go from California to Florida and most carriers MAUL equipment.He does NOT reply.I asked him for the Manual and if he has the remote but I hear NOTHING back and I paid him through PayPal right away.If this guy isn't happy with $117 why did he start the auction with $15 ?This seller has just 2 stars.

BlazeES

Tagline
---
I agree that the shipping should not be more than $25 but I can't get the seller to reply to me. I asked him to please double box it and put in extra padding as it has to go from California to Florida and most carriers MAUL equipment.He does NOT reply.I asked him for the Manual and if he has the remote but I hear NOTHING back and I paid him through PayPal right away.If this guy isn't happy with $117 why did he start the auction with $15 ?This seller has just 2 stars.
Perhaps you should have contacted him to sort out the shipping details BEFORE bidding Jazz.. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.