WOPL coming to market

grapplesaw

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Here is a couple quick shots. "Bentley Blue" is in Burn-In...... It's kinda hard to get the gist of it with the lighting but I'll get some good ones tomorrow after testing and button-up. Looks nice though.

I don't like the knobs so I'm gonna try another set.

View attachment 36960 View attachment 36961 View attachment 36962 View attachment 36963
Well done Perry

As a suggestion for knobs I like the multicomp 38mm knob. Check out these 32mm knobs on eBay. 142319911337

I also use the 38 mm size

Attachments

Bradrock

Tagline
---I run with Scissors
Fred, I use Rustoleum textured Black, and top it off with a couple coats of clear........
Next time your having parts scanned for cnc code like you did for the handles, Maybe get the meter bezels done.
I'd like some metal that could be chromed. Or just copper or brass or bronze would look cool too. I think you could sell a bunch. Or at least a couple dozen. And something HAS to be done about getting new VU meters made. You could corner the market! ( If there is one?)

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Next time your having parts scanned for cnc code like you did for the handles, Maybe get the meter bezels done.
I'd like some metal that could be chromed. Or just copper or brass or bronze would look cool too. I think you could sell a bunch. Or at least a couple dozen. And something HAS to be done about getting new VU meters made. You could corner the market! ( If there is one?)

Money my brother.... Money

Handles were easy compared to the bezels.

700B meters are not worth messing with. I still suggest using a picture of granny in the holes if a meter goes tit's up. But, on a positive note. I have yet to see a meter go out (besides the melted one from the bulk cap explosion).

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it

The original bezels can be chromed OR..... I polished a set to a chrome like finish and then cleared them. They can also be Chrome powder coated.... Your choice.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I hate chrome. I had all the shit on the harley black powder coated because polishing shit is a waste of time. Chrome don't get you home, and paint, makes it what it aint!!!!

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Looks like I can continue with the Series II build now. Not gonna paint it though, Joe's chassis' are sweet all by themselves.

62vauxhall

Tagline
No such things as bad days, just bad moments
OK then.

In 2014, I think, Lee sent me a NOS power switch and I took this opportunity to install it. My middle name is Procrastination. What this amp's had for a power switch for as long as I've had it (29 years and God that makes me feel old) was an ancient Bakelite switch probably harvested from a big ol' TV set then tile nipped to size.

When I pulled the 700 to swap plates, I stuck the 400 in it's place which I think I'll leave there for a while. At present, the 700 still sits on what used to be my dining table in what used to by my dining area.

I either need better lighting for photos or buy better than the $10 & $20 cameras I've been getting off Craigslist.

One of these days, I may ask you how to re-connect the level control pots. Still there but non functioning since it had it's conversion.

IMG_4156.JPG

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
OK then.

In 2014, I think, Lee sent me a NOS power switch and I took this opportunity to install it. My middle name is Procrastination. What this amp's had for a power switch for as long as I've had it (29 years and God that makes me feel old) was an ancient Bakelite switch probably harvested from a big ol' TV set then tile nipped to size.

When I pulled the 700 to swap plates, I stuck the 400 in it's place which I think I'll leave there for a while. At present, the 700 still sits on what used to be my dining table in what used to by my dining area.

I either need better lighting for photos or buy better than the $10 & $20 cameras I've been getting off Craigslist.

One of these days, I may ask you how to re-connect the level control pots. Still there but non functioning since it had it's conversion.

View attachment 36969

Let me get this straight, you are trying to hire Glen to work on your amp, in a thread I have set up to sell an amp???? Is that about right??? How's about you PM him for this?? Thanks

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
OK then.

View attachment 36969
Damn Gary, you need a maid to mow your carpet..........