WOPL coming to market

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
Here is that 700B in Bentley Blue

Just the chassis here, but I'll post more in a few days.

View attachment 36899

Got quite a bit done on the Bentley Blue 700B, hope to finish it this evening. Just waiting on the face plate (Tomorrow). I can put some more hours into the Series II that I bought the chassis for. It's getting there too. Gotta get some pics posted to rustle up a buyer (for the series II)... Pictures coming

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Well, I just have the wires to the bulk caps and the light board to attach. I'll assemble the front panel when my engraver dude calls me tomorrow. The "Bentley Blue" will get powered up sometime tomorrow evening. I cleaned the meters and polished the meter lenses, painted the bezels, and polished one of the custom inserts for the face plate. The volume pots have been disassembled, cleaned and a fresh touch of grease (Deoxit Fader Grease), reassembled and tested to ensure they measure to within a few ohms of each other, I sanded and painted the transformer, added some heat shrink and insulated washers to the transformer bolts and a pile of other stuff. . The finishing touches will include a nice set of stock knobs and a new set of the reproduction handles we all went in on.... Finally I can take the painters tape off the chassis which I am using to keep from accidentally scratching this purdy powder coat job.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
YEE_HAAAA, "Bentley Blue" is together. Just need to tighten the switches and put the handles on it. Covers will wait till initial power up and setting the bias is complete. Taking a lunch break and heading back out to the shop. I need to put a dab of RTV on the meters also but will hold off just in case anything needs to be taken apart. Pics coming today.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Here is a couple quick shots. "Bentley Blue" is in Burn-In...... It's kinda hard to get the gist of it with the lighting but I'll get some good ones tomorrow after testing and button-up. Looks nice though.

I don't like the knobs so I'm gonna try another set.

IMG_5851rs (2208 x 1656).jpg IMG_5853rs (2208 x 1656).jpg IMG_5854rs (2208 x 1656).jpg IMG_5855rs (2208 x 1656).jpg

FredR

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF?
Sweet! Bezels appear to have a textured finish. What paint and how did you do it?

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Turned out nice! I've been using a black sharpie to black out the paint chips. :)
I sanded them down and gave them a bath of acetone, then dried and painted them. Keeps them from chipping if the original pain is starting to let go...