WOPL a Carver C-500 Amp.

gene french

Veteran and General Yakker
guayabo de bagaces, guanacaste, costa rica....
Tagline
music...the healer of souls...
Everyone, sorry about missing time here. I let work get in the way. Lol. Tonight, I was able to mount my control board and wire up. Applied power and set bias for both channels... Looks good.
Have to mount RCA inputs and wire to board. Then see if we have music.
Don't know what I'm going to do about the LED meters, the one that came with the amp is missing way too many parts and burned on the control boards.
made my own meters...one unit i have had doctored (beyond my ability to repair)...just modified the face plate a bit...

Attachments

gary33030

Journeyman
Tagline
I've had Phase Linear before!
made my own meters...one unit i have had doctored (beyond my ability to repair)...just modified the face plate a bit...
Gene, if you remember, I'm rebuilding a Carver C-500 amp. This one is using LED meters like the phase linear 400. Also, as you see I have no circuit board, level switches or gain controls. Just a blank plate. I have a set of Joes meters, but measuring it out, I don't think I can make it work. I get on the internet and see with I might be able to use or make fit.

Attachments

gene french

Tagline
Gene, if you remember, I'm rebuilding a Carver C-500 amp. This one is using LED meters like the phase linear 400. Also, as you see I have no circuit board, level switches or gain controls. Just a blank plate. I have a set of Joes meters, but measuring it out, I don't think I can make it work. I get on the internet and see with I might be able to use or make fit.
and i stand corrected!!!
i have an old pl200...will that work??
it has led meters...

gary33030

Journeyman
Tagline
and i stand corrected!!!
i have an old pl200...will that work??
it has led meters...
Let me pull up that amp on the internet and look. Thank you for the offer. I still have not tested my amp yet with music. Hopefully the weekend. I'm not too worried about the looks and meters, as this amp will be mounted outside of the home theater in another room. But it sure would look cool if I come up with something.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Everyone, sorry about missing time here. I let work get in the way. Lol. Tonight, I was able to mount my control board and wire up. Applied power and set bias for both channels... Looks good.
Have to mount RCA inputs and wire to board. Then see if we have music.
Don't know what I'm going to do about the LED meters, the one that came with the amp is missing way too many parts and burned on the control boards.

Meters??? Who needs em?..................... They do nothing.

GrammyRS.jpg

Tagline
I don't have a face plate as of yet but did hook it up and no fire and listened to a great sounding amp.
I rebuilt my first Carver C-500 amp.
No, I stuffed a Phase Linear 400 into a Carver C-500 amp.
No, I stuffed a White Oak amp into a Phase Linear 400 amp into a Carver C-500 amp.
Thank you, Joe, for everything you have done for me and the hobby.

gene french

Tagline
I don't have a face plate as of yet but did hook it up and no fire and listened to a great sounding amp.
I rebuilt my first Carver C-500 amp.
No, I stuffed a Phase Linear 400 into a Carver C-500 amp.
No, I stuffed a White Oak amp into a Phase Linear 400 amp into a Carver C-500 amp.
Thank you, Joe, for everything you have done for me and the hobby.
keeps getting better n bettee!!!