WOPL 400 1st time build

plex

Journeyman
Thanks for the advice. I also just completed all of the required tests in the backplane bringup PDF up until the second row, then installed the second row, made sure all of them were installed properly, did the DBT as instructed, but the bulb did not dim. Could it be bad transistors or is it something else?

gene french

Veteran and General Yakker
guayabo de bagaces, guanacaste, costa rica....
Tagline
music...the healer of souls...
Thanks for the advice. I also just completed all of the required tests in the backplane bringup PDF up until the second row, then installed the second row, made sure all of them were installed properly, did the DBT as instructed, but the bulb did not dim. Could it be bad transistors or is it something else?
use the dmv and check transistors first, then....
change the sil pad...avoid overtightening...check the pins from the inside...
got that tee shirt too....anyone here will tell you i have a closet full of tshirts...
persistance will win....
there is so much knowledge here....the guys will not let you fail...
they sure as shootin....took care of me...

gene french

guayabo de bagaces, guanacaste, costa rica....
Tagline
music...the healer of souls...
got that tee shirt too....anyone here will tell you i have a closet full of tshirts...
persistance will win....
your dcp relay will tell you if you have dc....
it will not engage...watch the blue diode or listen for the engage click....

George S.

You can also use your meter to check for a grounded output case. Recommend downloading the output data sheets and check outputs in a orderly manner noting results on a piece of paper. I use a sharpie to number them on the silpads side.
And, you are following the Full Complementary PDF Graphic that Joe provides for installing the outputs? The backplanes dictate full complementary output topology.

plex

Journeyman
Thank you. Yes, I have been following the full-comp instructions. I took out the transistors that I put in that row before and put in another set of four, and the DBT went fine.

plex

Journeyman
persistance will win....
I was having trouble with the rows due to the overtightening, thanks for the advice. It was such a simple thing but easy to overlook.