WOPL 400 1st time build

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
inserting the transistor leads.

Tightening of the TO-3 connection screws is important for proper connections. The screws should be snug and tight but be careful not to over-torque these screws or you will risk damaging the transistors, chassis or nylon and metal standoffs. Recommended torque is 4-5 in-lbs.

Page 48 of the instructions...

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
use the dmv and check transistors first, then....
change the sil pad...avoid overtightening...check the pins from the inside...
got that tee shirt too....anyone here will tell you i have a closet full of tshirts...
persistance will win....
there is so much knowledge here....the guys will not let you fail...
they sure as shootin....took care of me...

I can go to the DMV to check my transistors???? Friggin cool. Give them an eye test n shit????

plex

Journeyman
Hello friends. I just want to give an update on the WOPL 400, it's working flawlessly and bringing joy to the family and new life to the music. I just wanted to reconnect to the forum, since I've been logged out since I got a new phone, and I'm waiting patiently for Joe's response to my parts request, as my son and I are embarking upon a new full WOPL build of a 700 Series 2.

gene french

Veteran and General Yakker
guayabo de bagaces, guanacaste, costa rica....
Tagline
music...the healer of souls...
Hello friends. I just want to give an update on the WOPL 400, it's working flawlessly and bringing joy to the family and new life to the music. I just wanted to reconnect to the forum, since I've been logged out since I got a new phone, and I'm waiting patiently for Joe's response to my parts request, as my son and I are embarking upon a new full WOPL build of a 700 Series 2.
congrats...
addicting aint it!!!
lol

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
I will respond soon. I am traveling at the moment, a family funeral in Virginia and will catch up on communication when I return home next week.