What other vintage favorites do you guys like?

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Apparently, only 1500 Marantz Model 500 amplifiers were produced in 1973.

Nando.

Elite-ist

Staff member
And there is a special announcement for Innovative Audio:

It is with incredible pride that we announce the following:
After starting Innovative Audio (Canada) back in 2000, we are now opening Innovative Audio LLC in the United States!
That's right, we are now international!!!
Innovative Audio LLC will be operating out of Denison, Iowa, smack dab in the middle of 5 major cities.
Why Iowa?
First, the people of Iowa are simply incredible. Hard working, always helpful and true down to earth souls.
Second, Iowa is central so having goods transported to and from our shop will be fairly easy AND inexpensive.
Third? Its just an amazing place to be.
We have been working on this concept for quite a while but with the help of Dave Wiges, everything fell into place. Dave has been simply awesome, and we cannot thank him enough.
So, what does that mean?
Simply put, we will now be able to utilize our international office for awesome gear and parts and we will be able to continue to build on one of the most recognized names in 'vintage audio'.
We will be starting small, but feel that we can grow fairly quickly over the next little while.
Gordon will be heading south to run the US division, but will be available by email should you wish to contact him.
We look forward to 2022, now with two divisions in different countries, and look forward to all the new and exciting challenges ahead!

266308986_4763365423722223_5928640483059168812_n.jpg

Nando.

Elite-ist

Staff member
Gordon bought an historic house in Iowa and sold his place, here, in Canada. He will be spending time between Canada and his new home.

215914953_4078320172244723_6166460439652119693_n.jpg

For the price he paid for his home in Iowa, you could put a 50% deposit down for a bare lot where he used to live.

Nando.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Gordon bought an historic house in Iowa and sold his place, here, in Canada. He will be spending time between Canada and his new home.

View attachment 58265

For the price he paid for his home in Iowa, you could put a 50% deposit down for a bare lot where he used to live.

Nando.
Nice find...They will be right down the road from Antique Archeology.

Tagline
A clear conscience is actually a bad memory.
Lee: In the Master Bedroom, I have three separate systems, which includes the SAE gear. I have another spare bedroom full of gear. I just picked up another piece, yesterday, for $25- a mint (1992) Pioneer VSX-511S 5.1 receiver. Tested it last night and it works perfectly.

Lots more downstairs that I plan to sell.

Nando.
Nando, You will have to wait unitl the COVID debacle is over, then i can continue with my plan to stay with friends in BC and of course visit yourself and Geri ( And innovative Audio of course!! )

I love the look of the SAE kit.... never seen one in the flesh

Shaun

Tagline
Retired

After starting Innovative Audio (Canada) back in 2000, we are now opening Innovative Audio LLC in the United States!
Innovative Audio LLC will be operating out of Denison, Iowa, smack dab in the middle of 5 major cities.
Why Iowa?
First, the people of Iowa are simply incredible. Hard working, always helpful and true down to earth souls.
Second, Iowa is central so having goods transported to and from our shop will be fairly easy AND inexpensive.
We have been working on this concept for quite a while but with the help of Dave Wiges, everything fell into place. Dave has been simply awesome, and we cannot thank him enough.
So, what does that mean?
Simply put, we will now be able to utilize our international office for awesome gear and parts and we will be able to continue to build on one of the most recognized names in 'vintage audio'.
We will be starting small, but feel that we can grow fairly quickly over the next little while.
Gordon will be heading south to run the US division, but will be available by email should you wish to contact him.
We look forward to 2022, now with two divisions in different countries, and look forward to all the new and exciting challenges ahead!

View attachment 58264

Nando.
Nando, I just read this. This makes my day. I'm probably 250 miles plus but it's a straight run on interstate 80 across the state. When the doors are open I'll be there even if it's just for window-shopping.

Ron

Tagline
Retired

Why Iowa?
So, what does that mean?

View attachment 58264

Nando.
Nando,
When innovative opens, will they have techs on site and will they do gear repair for customers?

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
5 major cities? Must be quite a distance cause Sioux Falls doesn't count. I guess the cities are Minneapolis, Chicago, St. Louis, Kansas City and Denver. Omaha and Des Moines not far, they will have first dibs if they can regularly visit.

Interesting. The Swap Meet in the parking lot will be fun to attend.