What other vintage favorites do you guys like?

Bob Boyer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Replying to the original post -

From the 60s and 70s: AR turntables and electronics, Double large Advent speakers, the Advent Receiver as a tuner/preamp, Dynaco amps & preamps. All Yamaha & Pioneer receivers, the Pioneer SA-7100/8100/9100 integrated amp lineup, Sherwood receivers, especially the 7100s. Shure M-91ED cartridge. Revox reel to reel tape decks. Technics RS-M85 cassette deck.

From the 80s and 90s: B&K amps and preamps, Hafler amps and preamps, Thorens turntables, Signet (yes, Signet) speakers, SME tonearms, Nakamichi cassette tape decks. Counterpoint amps and preamps, Acurus/Aragon amps, Acoustat 11 hybrid panel speakers. Sony CD and SACD players.

From the 2000s and beyond: VPI HW turntables and SME tonearms. Denon MC cartridges. LSA speakers. Exposure integrated amps.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Wow, that Onkyo gear is gorgeous Nando, where in the hell do you keep it all? Lol.
I bet I don’t have a tenth of your collection and am running out of room to the point of considering building a barndaminium just so I can get more.
Thanks, Spencer. It's just a matter of being resourceful and finding areas you wouldn't customarily think of storing equipment until it's ready to be used.

e475d358-434d-4903-b0eb-5a2b60c68d99_zpsoxcjnqfb.jpg

Nando.

FredR

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF?

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Realistic

I have had a long-lasting connection with Realistic gear from the 70's to the 80's. One of my favourite receivers was the STA-2080. I had a wood case made for it, then sold the receiver on consignment. The staff at Innovative Audio say the buyer was someone looking for era-specific items for a movie series.

DSC04043_zpsvhmgvixm.jpg
668f81c6-6a20-4b3f-9e3c-86a4f158792a_zpskd8n4hj0.jpg
thumbnail_DSC09114_zpsq3c1ceg0.jpg

Nando.

NeverSatisfied

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Play the Game, don’t be the Game
Thanks, Spencer. It's just a matter of being resourceful and finding areas you wouldn't customarily think of storing equipment until it's ready to be used.

View attachment 58103

Nando.
Every bed in my house has speaker grills wrapped in plastic under them, lol.
Was looking at a vintage set of B&W 808’s and my love said “seriously another set of speakers?”
I sent this straight to her phone.
1FF91DF6-BB95-4557-9C7C-0697E6AED93A.jpeg

NeverSatisfied

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Play the Game, don’t be the Game
Spencer: Speaker grilles stowed under the bed is being resourceful. I've got more than just clothes and shoes in my closets, too.

View attachment 58143

Nando.
Guaranteed to hold their value far better than any pair of shoes, well at least guy’s shoes. I hear some of those ladies designer shoes are worth the price of a car …..glad my girl is a flip flop kinda gal.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Guaranteed to hold their value far better than any pair of shoes, well at least guy’s shoes. I hear some of those ladies designer shoes are worth the price of a car …..glad my girl is a flip flop kinda gal.
Hopefully not a Manola Blahnik flip flop kinda girl