What other vintage favorites do you guys like?

after way too much gear and money I have realized that I like the old gear much better than the new gear that is just too sterile for me. I get fatigued if I turn up the new stuff no matter how fancy they say it is. I am in process of selling a very nice integrated because it just gets on me after a while, while my phase linear set just plays all day without issue or fatigue.

so what other brands , models do you guys like?

Carver Amps (many models)

Sansui Receivers, tuners and a ton of other great items
ive had lots of carvers. all but the tfm75. I still have a rebuilt / modded PM900 that is going to be used with the pl2000 until I figure out the plan for the phase linear amp. the carver is reliable and wont kill my speakers.

Last edited:

George S.

Veteran and General Yakker
I'd like to try SAE and GAS. Also, Marantz. Have a Marantz preamp in the garage system, it's OK.
But as a poor teenager the Phase Linear gear, JBL speakers, AR turntables, really caught my eye. 50 years later I can finally build my dream system.
Anything that doesn't integrate well with the above I just don't want.

Lazarus Short

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
Scrounger that I am, I tend to use whatever I can find especially if it is a good deal. With that said, Denon electronics and Mission speakers are prominent. Luxman and B&W in the office system. Arcam and Yamaha in the shop system. Denon/Marantz/Proton/Vandersteen in the main system. I don't recall ever having a matching set of components.

NeverSatisfied

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Play the Game, don’t be the Game
Wow, that Onkyo gear is gorgeous Nando, where in the hell do you keep it all? Lol.
I bet I don’t have a tenth of your collection and am running out of room to the point of considering building a barndaminium just so I can get more.