What is in your boxes?

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Altec Lansing Barcelona Speaker System

I witnessed these coming out of the back of the pick-up box and into the store, last year.

Nando.

JustMike

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
"Just Passin thru"

JustMike

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
"Just Passin thru"
I witnessed these coming out of the back of the pick-up box and into the store, last year.

Nando.
Nando, that sure looked like a real nice pair of Model 19's. Looking back, do you wish you would have brought them home?

The "Barce's" are beautiful. Did you give them a listen? How did they compare to the 19's.

You know the little model 15 (little compared to the others) is not a bad sounding speaker for the money.
Thanks for the info on the 4g's, Looks like a Heresy with two small low end drivers.

cool,
thanks buddy,
mike

JustMike

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
"Just Passin thru"
Nice speaker.
The sound quality depends on which drivers were used or if they could have been changed for one reason or another.
You might want to ask for the model number on the woofer and on the compression driver.

Asking price is about in line for this model.

jm
Bradrock, after a closer look the woofer may be a 411-8A. Not really a good choice, more of a PA driver,
needs the 416 8b driver which cost around 450.00 ea. Plus crossover upgrades. The compression driver is probably
ok if the diaphram is original and not replaced with the China junk.
I would probably pass.

Elite-ist

Staff member
Mike: The Altec Model Nineteens, I posted pictures of, were offered to me for in around the $4K range. However, I fell in love with JBL L300 speakers, which I did listen to on many occasions. I could have bought those for $2K. I didn't demo the Barcelonas, as the pair shown had just come into the store.

What I really want are these. It's no wonder I liked the JBL L300s so much. There is a link to the L300s and HPM-200s.

Craig: Those pictures were taken last year, so I doubt it's still available.

Nando.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Amen Nando, reviewed that thread again.....we talked as much about logging as we did about speakers....

Elite-ist

Staff member
In typical Phoenix fashion, we Alzheimered that thread.

Nando.

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
And Lee, I want to publicly thank you for giving us weirdo's a safe place to play :love4:, and I'm also so proud of you for getting off the 'shit', you are a good man and you knew deep down it wasn't right for you and your health :occasion5: brother!!

thread crap over, continue on topic if you wish!!

PS, I love the tech on the HPM drivers, not a ribbon in the true sense, they were going for the omni sound like OHM was, electrostats were in infancy at that time, big, fugly, narrow 'sweet spot', no bass! Very few amps could drive them...many still can't today!! I await to hear a WOPL with the 'slabs :cheers:

I'll also mention that not only was a PL700 pictured but, a big SAE as well :joker:, had ta throw that in there!!

JustMike

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
"Just Passin thru"
Mike: The Altec Model Nineteens, I posted pictures of, were offered to me for in around the $4K range. However, I fell in love with JBL L300 speakers, which I did listen to on many occasions. I could have bought those for $2K. I didn't demo the Barcelonas, as the pair shown had just come into the store.

What I really want are these. It's no wonder I liked the JBL L300s so much. There is a link to the L300s and HPM-200s.

Craig: Those pictures were taken last year, so I doubt it's still available.

Nando.
oH Yes. Probably the best sounding Pioneer. Those HPM-200 are hard to find even in fair condition.
Did you know there is a pair now on Ebay with your name on them?
They need a little work but would be a rewarding project with finished.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EXTREMELY-R...158610?hash=item2cc42288d2:g:88gAAOSwXfBZh0q3

Speaking of JBL's,

This video always blows me away. Mr Abes Jbl 4355's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fNPPjfAzR0

Good Hunting Nando,
jm