what are you listening to?

BlazeES

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Robin Thrower... Bridge of Sighs... digital
Just committed that album to tape yesterday, with a few extras from the 'Eagle' GH remaster thrown in for good measure. It's on my short list to do a live performance mix tape next. Never gets boring, always sounds great cranked...

Can never get enough Trower !

Tagline
Lifelong student / listening = bliss
Bought a set of F's new in 77 I believe, sold em 2 years later, kickin myself in the butt ever since. Their sound is hard to describe other than the purerst, sweetest, no ear fatigueing mofo's I've ever heard..
'77 was my senior year in high school. I'll bet a dollar I was reading about Ohm F's while you were busy actually listening to yours...

(edit: I found this review, and the way this guy wrote about how they sounded (post restoration) was similar to how you described what it was like to listen to them back in the day.)

Last edited:
Tagline
Lifelong student / listening = bliss
Back in the day this song originally caught my ear because of an unusual 'bass glissando' by Flea.

For me, this is the kind of song that you can put on repeat & use as sonic fortification to deal with a heavy chore like chopping a cord of wood...or driving across the state of Kansas in a rhythmic bass trance: Behind the Sun.

Note: I used to like this song despite the sub-par recording values. (I used to make it right with a dbx 3bx back in the day.) But now that they've remastered the recording it's good to go as is. (!)

Super clean, punchy, and just plain fun to listen to...

J!m

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
BOT
A95A9E1E-D8FD-4183-BAA4-BD2CD53F29DF.jpeg

David & David. Never heard of them but it was mint and two bucks. I’m listening all the way through. I’ve paid more for much worse records!

A3B6C0AA-CB0C-4DA2-BECD-DB3EBE9D5606.jpeg

This table is not “great” but it’s pretty damn good out of the box (so to speak). I’m hearing some mechanism noise telegraphing into the audio, but that’s when it’s not playing music (but still shouldn’t be there!). I may pony up for the 5077 faux wood grain model because it looks nicer. But this is not bad!