what are you listening to?

Lazarus Short

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
I'm listening to an Irish band - Old Blind Dogs. Yeah, I have albums by bands most folks have never heard of, some of them quite good. Maybe I'll post a list of them sometime...

EDIT: No, they're Scottish. Hard to tell sometimes.

1640549736275.png

Last edited:

Miracle Mile

It was my father who teached me the magic about all those great Big Bands with their famous drummers from the past..

It still is my soul and background as a drummer, and I know he would loved to see this:

This is pure nostalgic magica..

These drums are singin'... , as they should be.

Thank you Dad for teaching me those wise lessons....

J!m

Tagline
BOT
He always freaks me out playing left handed with traditional grip.

The grip was developed out of necessity when carrying a marching drum on a shoulder strap. The drums were always worn the same way, so even if you were left handed, “traditionally” you still need the grip changed in the left hand to get over the high rim.

But the man can play, no doubt there!

NeverSatisfied

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Play the Game, don’t be the Game
It was my father who teached me the magic about all those great Big Bands with their famous drummers from the past..

It still is my soul and background as a drummer, and I know he would loved to see this:

This is pure nostalgic magica..

These drums are singin'... , as they should be.

Thank you Dad for teaching me those wise lessons....

Frigging WOW…….

NeverSatisfied

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Found this recommendation in an old post by Lee…..wow, was not expecting that.
After starting on the PL 580’s, I decided to see if the Betas would like it, hell yes they do, did have to dial the bass towers down a little, nothing like eight twelve inch woofers going way down low. 5E80E6CA-B06C-445B-9DF1-CC40CB0EEBAC.jpeg

Tagline
Lifelong student / listening = bliss
For those of you who like a clean, dynamic recording of a good drummer, here's someone who brings more to the table than you would expect from first glance:

So talented she makes it look easy...but it's not. And I would be sure to point out to NavLinear that she also happens to have a winning smile, too. :0)

Last edited:

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Lee, I know...

...Wonder if she has a slide rule?

And if she does...wonder if she needs a drum tech?

(edit) And in the listening room I can almost hear her say, "Could you turn it up, please?"

Life would be pretty OK...

:0)
It was hard to look away from the cleavage..

NeverSatisfied

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Damn again..

Scratch bought one of those Blusound node2 devices and streams Amazon HD shit, says it's incredible sounding..
The HEOS system is good quality hardware and decent software but more importantly it sounds really good. You can stream from just about any source and you can combine various systems together. As you can see I have four systems running, they can all be playing the same source at the same time by dragging each zone into each other or they can all be steaming separately.