what are you listening to?

George S.

Veteran and General Yakker
Found it Gene, Radio 2, San Jose, Costa Rica. My Spanish is not "bueno". Interesting selections, the main reason I like to listen to other countries.
They're actually playing the Beatles now. Pretty good data stream and sound. Good stereo separation and fidelity.
Made it one of my favorites. Thanks!

Attachments

Last edited:

gene french

guayabo de bagaces, guanacaste, costa rica....
Tagline
music...the healer of souls...
Found it Gene, Radio 2, San Jose, Costa Rica. My Spanish is not "bueno". Interesting selections, the main reason I like to listen to other countries.
They're actually playing the Beatles now. Pretty good data stream and sound. Good stereo separation and fidelity.
Made it one of my favorites. Thanks!
very little spanish...all english based oldies...
very good station...

George S.

I work with Chrissie Hynde's nephew. Actually ran cross country team trucking with him for nine months.
He's very church centered, and one day asked me if I knew who she is. "Well yes, of course I do, why do you ask?"
He had just found out how famous she was!
He's from Akron OH as is she, remembers her from family reunions and such.

George S.

101 Strings...The World's First Stereo Scored Orchestra
Yup, $1.98. 1957. This is the first LP they released, a promotional. They went on to release approximately 150 more albums over 30 years.
Not a bad album. It's interesting for the early stereo sound. They really maximized the stereo aspect as a technical and sales point. Have to think the majority of systems were still mono in 1957.

Attachments

Vintage 700b

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Fabricator
Great one George.
I have a lot of the late 50's, early 60's Stereo albums, and they often have incredible stage presence and separation.
I imagine an Orchestra Recording in Stereo from that era would be incredible. Many of the early Jazz recordings, I have copies in Mono and Stereo.
$1.98 in '57 is about $21.35 in todays market. About right for a premium album. My folks bought a "Stereo" in 1959 and
paid $225.00 for it !!!!! They were both music lovers (that's where it started for me) and that was a LOT of money for them.
My father has passed, but my mother is 88 and still loves her music. I often thanked them for introducing me to such a broad
background of music. I fell in love at an early age with separation, and "soundstage". How could they make something different come out of each speaker....at the same time? :) That was when the fuse was lit for me.
Yes, the majority of systems were mono in '57. I started buying albums in 1964, and always bought the "Mono" version of an album
because it was a dollar cheaper. I still have all of those albums, and many of the Mono albums I bought are worth more now, than their Stereo counterparts. What I have found, and a credit to Joe's WOPL Dual Mono board is that all of my early Jazz, and classical Mono albums sound
so much fuller after I fully WOPL'd my 700b. Many of those albums I knew like the back of my hand, and with the WOPL upgrade, they sound
incredible, much more "presence". Of course, any Stereo album is no comparison after the complete WOPL treatment.
Thanks for posting George.