what are you listening to?

gene french

Veteran and General Yakker
guayabo de bagaces, guanacaste, costa rica....
Tagline
music...the healer of souls...
yes sir....lol....
still listening styx....
never really one of my favorites...in fact i have none of their media...out of several thousand downloads....
good to broaden your horizons...
i even endure a bit of country from time to time....
you know what you get when you play a country and western song????
you get your girlfriend back...your dog back...your truck back...etc

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it

Shaw had the better voice (IMHO). His voice shines when him and Ted did "Take me High Enough" with Damn Yankees

All those Styx songs were written and sung by the band's co-founder and former lead singer and keyboardist Dennis DeYoung. Styx still tours today but only includes two band members from their 1975 to 1983 golden era — guitarist-singers Tommy Shaw and James "JY" Young.

gene french

guayabo de bagaces, guanacaste, costa rica....
Tagline
music...the healer of souls...
Shaw had the better voice (IMHO). His voice shines when him and Ted did "Take me High Enough" with Damn Yankees

All those Styx songs were written and sung by the band's co-founder and former lead singer and keyboardist Dennis DeYoung. Styx still tours today but only includes two band members from their 1975 to 1983 golden era — guitarist-singers Tommy Shaw and James "JY" Young.
love this info!!!
thanks you two for sharing!!!

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I wore out a couple of Equinox albums.

I learned to hate Stxy at an early age. In 1980, I was living in the barracks in Wildflicken Germany (The "Top of the Rock" battalion) and a FNG moved in to the room next to mine. He played the Grand Illusion album NONSTOP for the next year and since that day, if it was on the radio, it got turned. I even sacrificed MY copy along with the Peaches and Herb album on Disco Destruction day out in the field when we ran them over along with a BOOM BOX and a 40 of Old English, with a M113 APC while we smoked a chunk of "Choking Red" hash.

62vauxhall

Tagline
No such things as bad days, just bad moments
I learned to hate Stxy at an early age. In 1980, I was living in the barracks in Wildflicken Germany (The "Top of the Rock" battalion) and a FNG moved in to the room next to mine. He played the Grand Illusion album NONSTOP for the next year and since that day, if it was on the radio, it got turned. I even sacrificed MY copy along with the Peaches and Herb album on Disco Destruction day out in the field when we ran them over along with a BOOM BOX and a 40 of Old English, with a M113 APC while we smoked a chunk of "Choking Red" hash.
I ignored Styx, not my idea of rock music.

Then "Come Sail Away", from that Grand Illusion album hit the radio and I detested that song. Therefore I not only ignored Styx, I hated them.