We went "Under Contract" this morning

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
Day 2 completed. The weather sucked this morning. 234 crashes (some fatal) in the metro area and it snowed all day. Had a high if 15 degrees. So, I didn't get the trailer and any of my junk but went out to the house and scraped the staples from the carpet padding out of the sub floor and then sealed it. I just have a portion of the living room to do tomorrow then I have to scrape some glue from the cement down stairs and I'll seal that. I pulled bedroom doors off, and closet doors. They need replacing. How can somebody let their house go to hell and do nothing about it? It's a big investment which for most people is the biggest investment they will ever make. I just don't understand. Do you let your $50 dog, piss all over the carpet ($4500) and live like that for years??? WTF???

My handyman is out there right now painting the ceilings upstairs. I did have to put the truck in 4WD as the roads were AFU!!!

Skratch

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Life is short, so take your time
That's part of living in the great white north, when I lived in the UP of Michigan I remember being snowed in for days and the snowmobile was the only mode of transportation

Wheel-right

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Man, Ya shoulda been here yesterday
Day 2 completed. The weather sucked this morning. 234 crashes (some fatal) in the metro area and it snowed all day. Had a high if 15 degrees. So, I didn't get the trailer and any of my junk but went out to the house and scraped the staples from the carpet padding out of the sub floor and then sealed it. I just have a portion of the living room to do tomorrow then I have to scrape some glue from the cement down stairs and I'll seal that. I pulled bedroom doors off, and closet doors. They need replacing. How can somebody let their house go to hell and do nothing about it? It's a big investment which for most people is the biggest investment they will ever make. I just don't understand. Do you let your $50 dog, piss all over the carpet ($4500) and live like that for years??? WTF???

My handyman is out there right now painting the ceilings upstairs. I did have to put the truck in 4WD as the roads were AFU!!!
Many people are just plain PIGS, some of the remodels I've worked on were the absolutely the most disgusting things, unbelieveable.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Many people are just plain PIGS, some of the remodels I've worked on were the absolutely the most disgusting things, unbelieveable.

Unfortunately, I go through the same thing when helping the kids on these flips. I don't have a weak stomach but lazy bitches using a $500 Dyson to get dogshit out of the carpet is crazy.

J!m

Tagline
BOT
If you get one of those cool hats with two beers and a straw, you keep your head warm, beer cold, and have two hands for removing dead rodents from the cabinets.

On a slightly more serious note: what do you use to seal the concrete? I have used the rust oleum two part garage epoxy which worked great but I’m wondering about something with less smell, if possible.

J!m

Tagline
BOT
Does it stop the moisture from coming through the concrete floor?

When I did the house on Long Island, the turned the basement into living space overnight. ZERO "basement" smell after that. It was a miracle...

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Does it stop the moisture from coming through the concrete floor?

When I did the house on Long Island, the turned the basement into living space overnight. ZERO "basement" smell after that. It was a miracle...
Not a moisture seal. It just seals odors (musty, doggy wee wee, smoke, anal leakage etc....).

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
got all the floors scraped and sealed, the girls were cutting and painting. I went to the county and dropped my Homestead paperwork off. The Pod will be here early in the morning, and my handyman was patching dings, dents scratches when I left a while ago. and I picked up my trailer and took a load to the garage. I'm beat.