We went "Under Contract" this morning

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
it supposed to be 18 degrees (sub zero with the wind chill tomorrow) and it looks like the Harley will be at my brother's house for a while. I guess I could go get it with the trailer but my days of riding in THIS SHIT is long over. I don't mind the cold too much but I can't get the ski to stay on my front wheel.

Lazarus Short

Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
Looks to be the worst possible weather to move in. My best friend told me he once moved out of a third-story apartment in Minneapolis when the wind chill was minus sixty - he said it damn near ruined his knees.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
That'll ruin more than your knees. Shrinkage it definitely an issue too.

What will really suck, is we need 15 feet clearance under the power line running across the end of the driveway to get the POD in the drive and up to the garage. It will take me weeks to get all that heavy shit up to the garage if he has to park it on the street.

stetter

Journeyman
We are packing and cleaning our stuff up here at the daughters. Loaded a bunch of stuff in the vehicles for the trip to the new casa tomorrow. I even practiced my shoveling.

View attachment 58030
Ahh, shoveling. Should be just like riding a bike, You know us Minnesotans, born with a snow shovel in our hands.

Wheel-right

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Man, Ya shoulda been here yesterday
This is when everybody who said they would glad to help you move vanish. I do not envy you but glad you have a house and soon it will be a home.
You are gonna miss them Arizona winters though.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
This is when everybody who said they would glad to help you move vanish. I do not envy you but glad you have a house and soon it will be a home.
You are gonna miss them Arizona winters though.

I miss the Az winters already. As for the helpers who said they were going to help me? I don't want them monkeys touching my stereo stuff and dropping my test equipment :)

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
We just sat down and E-Signed a shitload of Docs. Now when we go for actual closing, it should only take us about 15 minutes.

It's -7 with the windchill. Gonna be fun today. We're going to start with ripping out carpet so will be inside (except to chuck shit in the dumpster). I have a handyman coming in this afternoon and helping.

J!m

Tagline
BOT
We’re rockin’ old growth white oak up yonder. The kiln dried shit just doesn’t have the same look as the old air dried stuff. (Same with sugar maple).

The BEST pool cue shafts are air dried sugar maple. Gotta have the sugar trapped in it. Kiln dry it and the sugar is driven off. Totally different feel.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Perry, are you a carpet family or like us solid floors?
Spending much of my life in Zona, I actually prefer Ceramic Tile. People don't usually take care of their hardwoods very well. We flip a lot of houses and we HAVE to carpet over the wood. Carpeting is more economical to do (we just had quotes for a few different types of flooring) so we are doing a combination of carpet and Laminate.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
WE CLOSED!!!!!

We went straight to the house after closing and met the flooring guy. Then we spent the rest of the day getting the carpet and pad ripped out. Some people are fucking pigs. The smell of the dog pissed carpet was terrible. Filled the rest of the dumpster we had delivered to her (actually she filled 1 and a 3/4 30 yard dumpsters). She was a nasty assed hoarder. And basically the dumbest twat I have dealt with in forever. She even showed up to closing with no checkbook so there was a hassle of the title company sending her a wire transfer. She thought it was fucked up that they wanted her routing number and account number. DUH!!!! She didn't want to wait for the Cashiers Check for her proceeds to clear. I have more stories of how stupid she is and I'll share that later.

Today I get to use the floor scraper to get the pad staples up and the lower level get the glue scraped up. Then the floor gets sealed and next week the flooring goes in. I about froze my balls off but a heat wave came in and it got up to about 8 degrees and windy. More cold weather today (snowing now) but the wind will be nothing. That wind went straight through me yesterday. I'm going around with painters tape marking where holes or dents/damage is on the sheetrock. I have a pet peeve that if I'm blowing thousands on paint, I WANT MY WALLS FLAT! My sheetrock dude will be repairing all that. Also gotta change the locks.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Winter there is a helluva time to be doing this Perry. Done it a few times and swore never to do it again. With the way things are today I guess you're lucky to have found a house...

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Winter there is a helluva time to be doing this Perry. Done it a few times and swore never to do it again. With the way things are today I guess you're lucky to have found a house...

You hit the nail on the head for sure Lee. I'm heading to one of our storage units shortly....... Lucky it's controlled climate. It's a PITA bringing boxes down from the 3rd floor on carts but at least I can do it in my Zona Thong :eek: