Today my enclosure came in so I started roughing it out.
it has more RCA holes than I need, so I adapted two for turntable grounds.
Since they didn’t fit, I made some adapter bushings for them.
Put some clear coat on them after I verified they fit.
Had to make an adapter for power. It’s set up to have everything in one box but I’m running the power supply remote. Filter board is in here but what started as an adapter plate turned into a steel box to control RF.
Some of the caps are 1% tolerance, and they are back ordered u til December. I found nearly identical ( brand etc) at 2% tolerance because I figured they would be the only thing I’d be waiting on.
Today I measured them with my Fluke (not the best tool for the job) and they all measure within 1% of value. Three were right on.
So I took two that were right on and put them in the MM board, so it would be finished. I also added the cartridge “loading” caps. So that board is now done. I already had the output wires in place but added the input wires today too. Small victory as I placed another Mouser order…
The muting relays are also back ordered until December. Two “replacement” relays are well spec’d but larger form factor. Today I found the SMD version of the exact relay and orders those. I’ll have to straighten the legs out and through hole solder them. Wish I figured that out a couple weeks ago…