Sony TC-FX330 Poverty

BlazeES

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
There is something terribly amiss, here. I haven't seen this much spilled tape since the Bobby Vinton debacle. I did a little research upon seeing the most recent photos of regurgitated 1/4" ribbon out of members' decks, and I have since found out, with an intensive Google search, that there is an impostor singer who is known as Nono Mouskouri. The well-done knock-offs by the impostor are known to have resulted in all sorts of stereo mishaps, from blown mid range drivers, to partial melting of the fuse-holders in power amplifiers. But, these are the first cases I have read of where tape and CDs were tossed and fractured like Justin Bieber attempting to ride a full-on Brahma bull that had just been let out of the gates with its balls tied with a 10' lead to the gate post in a 50' ring.

Nando.
You are in rare form tonite Nando! :laughing1:

Skynyrd77

Tagline
lost in my own world
There is something terribly amiss, here. I haven't seen this much spilled tape since the Bobby Vinton debacle. I did a little research upon seeing the most recent photos of regurgitated 1/4" ribbon out of members' decks, and I have since found out, with an intensive Google search, that there is an impostor singer who is known as Nono Mouskouri. The well-done knock-offs by the impostor are known to have resulted in all sorts of stereo mishaps, from blown mid range drivers, to partial melting of the fuse-holders in power amplifiers. But, these are the first cases I have read of where tape and CDs were tossed and fractured like Justin Bieber attempting to ride a full-on Brahma bull that had just been let out of the gates with its balls tied with a 10' lead to the gate post in a 50' ring.

Nando.
lmfao to funny!!!!

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
It's a Friday night and stand-up internet comedy just seems a perfect end to the week. Thanks for the applause! Yoh... Lee, you can put the cue card down, now.

Nando.

VintageShadow

Chief Journeyman
There will be no change for that: Without showing mercy I tossed the FX330 today with the UR still in it.

I don't think we can sew Nando for the caused dammage to tapes and decks following up his suggestions.... :mrgreen:
No we can't sew Nando as he was totally right regarding the NONO impostor.. :mrgreen:

I did a little research upon seeing the most recent photos of regurgitated 1/4" ribbon out of members' decks, and I have since found out, with an intensive Google search, that there is an impostor singer who is known as Nono Mouskouri. The well-done knock-offs by the impostor are known to have resulted in all sorts of stereo mishaps, from blown mid range drivers, to partial melting of the fuse-holders in power amplifiers.
TRUE! NONO is out there kicking and alive destroying musical gear, infact i used this album to test my deck.. :laughing1: :mrgreen:

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I may have to abandon this thread temporarily to avoid dying from laughter.

Elite-ist

Staff member
Sep: See what I mean - the knock-offs are so close to the real deal, that I believe there are many unsuspecting popular music lovers throughout the world that have been scammed. Whoever came up with mirror image of the real Nana is probably enjoying a dreamy lifestyle on the Adriatic coast from income generated producing counterfeit Euros.

Nando.

VintageShadow

Chief Journeyman
Sep: See what I mean - the knock-offs are so close to the real deal, that I believe there are many unsuspecting popular music lovers throughout the world that have been scammed. Whoever came up with mirror image of the real Nana is probably enjoying a dreamy lifestyle on the Adriatic coast from income generated producing counterfeit Euros.

Nando.
You are so right Nando, never knew about this knock-off and realised just when you pointed it, the difference between the original and it's mirror is almost inexistent, how do they do that it's still a mistery.. :mrgreen:

Miracle Mile

Next One....

Now we've tossed the FX330, it's time to go on with the next one that I've picked up from the same trash can as the 330 came from...

Some first snapshots:

Must say it is a bit different than the FX330 was; It CAN stand Nana and does sound a lot better than I thought in the first place...

More to come...

Last edited:

Elite-ist

Staff member
Miles: You would think the Denon should be good enough to handle anything you throw at it musically. I'm giving it a partial thumbs-up that it does fine in your testing. The last cage-match didn't end so well with the Sony TC-FX330.

Sep did a remarkable job with the mock-up for Nono. It was a lot of fun when the thread went a bit sideways...actually there was a total loss of control.

Nando.

VintageShadow

Chief Journeyman
Sep did a remarkable job with the mock-up for Nono. It was a lot of fun when the thread went a bit sideways...actually there was a total loss of control.

Nando.
You know me Nando, i do like funny things and i do find them in almost everything, that's the charm.. :brilsmurf:

@Miles, the Denon look stunning, you lucky man.. :thumbleft:

Miracle Mile

Denon...

Miles: You would think the Denon should be good enough to handle anything you throw at it musically. I'm giving it a partial thumbs-up that it does fine in your testing...

Nando.
Nando,

It's strange in this matter; I don't like the build quality of this Denon DRM-710 (ton's of plastic on it, excepting the front panel and top cover)..., but I like how it sounds and it's nice dual coloured bright display....
The example I have here has no signs of a high mileage and there isn't a single scratch on it, but:
It's so damn dirty! Not from using it, but from standing in smokey areas (nicotine)...
There's no risk of losing any investment in it, so I'm considering to dismantle this Denon completely and bring it back to the state of new...

We will see...

Last edited:

Miracle Mile

I have a boat load of them tapes, hopefully the same doesn't happen to all mine.:rabbit:
A boat load of UR's?

Don't worry, it won't happen to you....

You don't seem to be the person to fool around with tunes from Nana. (Nono, or whatever.....) :mrgreen:

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
A boat load of UR's?

You don't seem to be the person to fool around with tunes from Nana. (Nono, or whatever.....) :mrgreen:
Nah, never heard of him or her or whatever is is? I think it is Nando's favorite performer at the moment.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
A boat load of UR's?

I should think UR is a pretty good tape with a steely demeanor and normally doesn't give a ---- who's recorded on it...I imply Russian separatists were responsible.

Elite-ist

Staff member
Miles: First impressions might bias your opinion. Yes, it has plenty of plastic - hopefully, not as much plastic inside for the transport's mechanism. I have had a few "plastic-fantastics" that were just as you described - plastic fascia, light as a feather, but did admirably well in playback and recording. I had a Pioneer CT-W606R, which is a dual well cassette deck, but it worked well, and I gifted to a family member. And a Pioneer CT-W603RS was my most recent purchase as a birthday gift last year for my oldest son who wanted it. Also a good one.

Nando.

Last edited:

VintageShadow

Chief Journeyman
A boat load of UR's?

Couldn't agree more, NONO destroyed our vintage UR's.. :oops: :toothy6:

Nah, never heard of him or her or whatever is is?...
Like Miles said, just avoid this obscure album of this impostor and your UR's stash will be secure.. :mrgreen: