Sony TC-FX330 Poverty

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
C'mon guys, ya gotta love your Nana.

Miracle Mile

These are some of the best posts of the week or even month. Didn't know Father had such a sense of humour. :rabbit:
Yes, Nando is the real clown in here.... :clown:

His statement about Nana inspired me, and I tried to record some songs of her....

Look what happenend:

:angry2:

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
What are you talking about Lee? Nana Mouskouri did have a hit, "Only Love," which reached #2 in the UK music chart in 1985.

Nando.

It was the Nana deck part, nicely done Nando, your wit is getting sharper....

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
This has been one of the best Cassette Deck Roasts I have been involved in. Miles can say better in pictures than what I can say in words. Sorry to see both the tape (can anyone correctly guess which brand it is - looks like a TDK?) and the CD couldn't pass the Nana Test. It's really upsetting to witness such extreme sports that sometimes end in a fatality.

Nando.

Elite-ist

Staff member
Does that group have a past-famous actress as their spokesperson?

Nando.

VintageShadow

Chief Journeyman
(can anyone correctly guess which brand it is - looks like a TDK?)
Looks like a very nice vintage UR for sure, just look at the hubs and also the J-card, this test was so interesting that i'm all excited to repeat it tomorrow and i'll use the same cassette i have in 46min lenght, i'll report back, i'll try also to burn some Nana's mp3's to see if the CD will crap out or will stay in one piece... :glasses8: :mrgreen:

Miracle Mile

100 Points!

Looks like a very nice vintage UR for sure, just look at the hubs and also the J-card, this test was so interesting that i'm all excited to repeat it tomorrow and i'll use the same cassette i have in 46min lenght, i'll report back, i'll try also to burn some Nana's mp3's to see if the CD will crap out or will stay in one piece... :glasses8: :mrgreen:
Sep,

You won the 100 points in this bizzare contest! :thumbup:

It was an UR:

VintageShadow

Chief Journeyman
Yes Miles, it was the UR, i tested mine here with one of my Technics decks and for sure NANA is simply not supported on cassette format so try and test your Sony using some other musical creations... :mrgreen:

VintageShadow

Chief Journeyman
That pic deserve a Prize Daniel and it's so hilarious with that single tape stripe coming out from the cassette well.. :mrgreen:

Hmm, still need to test a CD, ''Will crack or will not crack'' that is the question.. :laughing1:

Miracle Mile

Yes Miles, it was the UR, i tested mine here with one of my Technics decks and for sure NANA is simply not supported on cassette format so try and test your Sony using some other musical creations... :mrgreen:
There will be no change for that: Without showing mercy I tossed the FX330 today with the UR still in it.

I don't think we can sew Nando for the caused dammage to tapes and decks following up his suggestions.... :mrgreen:

Hmm, still need to test a CD, ''Will crack or will not crack'' that is the question...
It will be a waste of the CD, so leave it for what it is.

orange

Tagline
Sep,

You won the 100 points in this bizzare contest! :thumbup:

It was an UR:

If I had but the time to look inside my FX311 I could have determined it there might be parts to salvage...

The UR is probably the nicest one Maxell sold, and the Euro MTV promo ones Larry sold me are pretty darn nice too.

Elite-ist

Staff member
There is something terribly amiss, here. I haven't seen this much spilled tape since the Bobby Vinton debacle. I did a little research upon seeing the most recent photos of regurgitated 1/4" ribbon out of members' decks, and I have since found out, with an intensive Google search, that there is an impostor singer who is known as Nono Mouskouri. The well-done knock-offs by the impostor are known to have resulted in all sorts of stereo mishaps, from blown mid range drivers, to partial melting of the fuse-holders in power amplifiers. But, these are the first cases I have read of where tape and CDs were tossed and fractured like Justin Bieber attempting to ride a full-on Brahma bull that had just been let out of the gates with its balls tied with a 10' lead to the gate post in a 50' ring.

Nando.

orange

Tagline
You would not be my Yoko, Nono.