Russ' Phase Linear 400 Ser I---TO BE WOPL'd

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Joe, any problem jumping the unfused B+, B- from the right board to the left where those enter the left board??

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Joe, any problem jumping the unfused B+, B- from the right board to the left where those enter the left board??
No sir Lee, no problem. I made the provision to do that and it is a personal preference/appearance thing. Both boards are bypassed with the Wima caps as the wiring inductance killer so no difference.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
OK, I know I've shown a preference for separate feeds to both sides of the board, but that approaches the inane in this instance. I have to literally go right over that open hole in the left board....

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Well, I couldn't do it. Smacked of laziness, so we ran both boards to the power supply. Also tried something new this time. Ran sleeving for the top run of wires and cut entry and exit holes. I like it,,,,A lot.

Attachments

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Well, I couldn't do it. Smacked of laziness, so we ran both boards to the power supply. Also tried something new this time. Ran sleeving for the top run of wires and cut entry and exit holes. I like it,,,,A lot.
I see you like that silicone impregnated tubing Lee.

Remember to take the Zoebel off the DC protect board.

Nice neat job Lee. Looking good.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
I love the stuff already. The DCP is in just for fitting purposes. The real one will be soldered in. Much neater with the wires coming up from underneath.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
I love the stuff already. The DCP is in just for fitting purposes. The real one will be soldered in. Much neater with the wires coming up from underneath.
Agreed, the Phoenix connectors are nice but a little bulky in tight spots like that DCP

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Yep, gonna stand em off another 1/4 inch also. Still leaves .090 between top of relay and meter housing.

NavLinear

Veteran and General Yakker
I see you like that silicone impregnated tubing Lee.
Are you impregnating tubes again Lee? :razz:

I like the layout and attention to detail. This one is looking SWEET! I need to look into some of that tubing that's impregnated with silicone.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
The DCP looks nekkid.... I like the uncluttered look around it though.. Gotta take the BABB to the shop and round off the corners on the belt sander, It'd take me hours of filing. Back in a bit, Bout time to mount a board and test this puppy.

Attachments

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
The DCP looks nekkid.... I like the uncluttered look around it though.. Gotta take the BABB to the shop and round off the corners on the belt sander, It'd take me hours of filing. Back in a bit, Bout time to mount a board and test this puppy.
Like many things around here Lee, that DCP looks good nekkid too!

NavLinear

Veteran and General Yakker
That is looking pretty sparse - but it is missing a major component. Damn without the connectors and Zobel it is really nekid. I like nekid though - maybe you didn't know that.