Russ' Phase Linear 400 Ser I---TO BE WOPL'd

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
And sometimes.......no matter what ya do...........that damn wire won't do what ya want it to do...That stuff solves that dilema.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Been torturing the horns for a coup[le hors with this sweet little 400, burying the needles....may have finally clipped an amp on the K's. Not a pretty sound. No confusion about the natutre of that noise. Lacks the headroom of the WOPL 1000, but a fantastic watt/buck ratio. Not to metion as clean as OR-1......

NavLinear

Veteran and General Yakker
Damn Lee - if you put anything else in your cave you won't fit.

So you broke the 400 driving your K horns? Or maybe you just made it scream.

Gibsonian

Chief Journeyman
Why thank you Scott! And how's Cathy??
She's pretty much a "kept" amp now, as she sits atop a rack doing about 1500 Hz and up. She never gets hot in this role, and I never have to fan her to keep her cool. She sounds nice there but is looking forward to the surgery to deal with something she's always had to live with, i.e. she wants to dance equally on both sides of the 0 voltage line without the quasi implant she now carries.

NavLinear

She's pretty much a "kept" amp now, as she sits atop a rack doing about 1500 Hz and up. She never gets hot in this role, and I never have to fan her to keep her cool. She sounds nice there but is looking forward to the surgery to deal with something she's always had to live with, i.e. she wants to dance equally on both sides of the 0 voltage line without the quasi implant she now carries.
Sometimes getting hot is a good thing! Fanning might not help though.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline

Such a shame as she had such a sweet bottom end...

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Fuggin' A Lee... looks like you could launch ICBM's from that room. Are those Pioneer EQ's? I had one that looked very similiar when I was running a silverface system