PL 3300 Series II rebuild/upgrade

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Perry, I'm using an old Dell XPS 420 and Windows 10 with a 2.40 Core 2 quad E6600, much better than the same model in the other room with Win 7 and a Celeron (Celery) 1.6, both with maxed 4 GB (~3.37) RAM. Vista era stuff. I'm appreciating the quality of the images at least. The Celery is as slow as I am with a slow CPU and no decent L2 IIRC.

No amount of cheese or peanut butter makes a Celery better.

Last edited:

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
It's all wired wrong. Look at what the Power Supply contains, and what it replaces. The 3300 power supply is rudimentary at best. It needs to be wired like I said in the last 10 posts. I can fix this preamp it a half hour. If you are unsure, maybe some free help is warranted... The regulated out, needs to go to R1/R3.. BUT (BUT), you need to isolate the D1-D4 outputs.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Look at the skizmo, unregulted goes into R1 as VCC, some voltage is dropped by R1 (to 15.5 vdc) and is now VCC1,, more voltage is dropped by R4 and R6 to be used throughout the preamp.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
OK, depending on what regulator chip you have installed, you need to check (ON THE SCHEMATIC), what you have for VCC1, VCC2, VCC3, AND VCC4. across the board VEE1-VEE4 also.

VCC1 needs to be about +18 VDC,
VEE1 Needs to be about -18 VDC

VCC2-VCC4 needs to be +15.5
VEE2-VEE4 needs to be -15.5

Check it at different points on the board. If you get the above readings, don't worry about R1 and R3 but you got's to have those readings. I don't remember what regulator chips you have but those numbers should be real close. Don't just check at the power supply, check around to ensure.