phase linear 700 vs 400

Fishoz

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Always learning!
Loving my 400 here. It's all "I" need.....

One of the few that have heard both and I'm not going to advise either way. Lee's 700 blew my socks off, so clear and distinct at levels I would not "normally" listen to, basically head banging nirvana. I was committed to the 400 at the time and Lee built me a fine little monster. I was worried about driving my speaks at first but when the 400 kicked in detail and soundstage just opened up. Ya...she gets a bit hot when I'm working her but a fan or give her a rest is wise. Improvements in what you throw through them can be big. Unfortunately that's a hit and miss and personal preference. A few of us are pairing with the Acurus Pre and having overwhelming success. You can't go wrong either way, use Joe's latest revs and you'll have a fine amp that will rival anything on the market that's 3-4 times the price. You won't beat the support you get here servicing these beauties.

FredR

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF?
I forgot to say this had hapened wheen I was a year and half old give or take I have no memory of it and I have no memory of being able to see right
Send me your address and a WOPL 400 will be on its way. No charge or shipping. Consider it a gift from the community.

Fishoz

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Always learning!
K-5, a stick is no wingman! Get a dog, best wingman in the world and no better bud!

Love it when my dog lies in front of my WOPL and illuminated by the glow.

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
square body cause I dint want a plastic 4x4
wow this has become huge over night and I never thought that a simple question about how 2 amps stack up would turn into some thing so personal since the only time I talk about what happened to me is if some one asks

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Send me your address and a WOPL 400 will be on its way. No charge or shipping. Consider it a gift from the community.
YEAH FRED!!!!!! That's what I'm talkin about!!!

Good man Fred....you guys make me proud!!~

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Well K5, get your address to Fred man!! Hope the larger text is easier to read...

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
square body cause I dint want a plastic 4x4
well I have sent a pm all ready and I am all so planning on giving him my km991 if he wants it

now about that question I had about putting power switches on 400s you said it can be done can some one do a rightup on that

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
BTW K5, Fred is an EXCELLENT amp builder....you should have no problems whatsoever with a FRED-Built component!!

FredR

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF?
well I have sent a pm all ready and I am all so planning on giving him my km991 if he wants it

now about that question I had about putting power switches on 400s you said it can be done can some one do a rightup on that
Just plug it into a power strip with an on off switch.