Phase Linear 4000 Restoration

oldphaser

Chief Journeyman
Did you know it existed before this Ed?
Lee,

No I did not.

NOTE: The photos in the previous post were taken from the ebay ad copy.

I also went through all of Dean's documentation years ago and scanned whatever I didn't have and this version wasn't in his collection either.

Many of my other original service manuals also came from Brad R. who worked with Dean in the service department as well as (1) or (2) other former employees.

There are still about (15) other owner's and service manuals as well as sales brochures that I am looking for originals of (to replace my photocopies). A fair number of these are the later pro series and what we unofficially called series 3 (which followed the series 2 products).

At some point I'd like to make them all available for free on the internet.

Ed

Last edited:

BlueCrab

Journeyman
Very interesting... Truly looks like it was meant for publication and distribution. This has probably been asked and answered, but what was Phase Linear's method of assigning serial numbers?

BlueCrab

Journeyman
That answers it! Thanks for doing the search and pointing me in the right direction. Odd scheme, but encodes month and year in the s/n.

Tagline
Man, Ya shoulda been here yesterday
That answers it! Thanks for doing the search and pointing me in the right direction. Odd scheme, but encodes month and year in the s/n.
Your welcome. Glad it helped, lots of info here, oldphaser is full of much knowledge as are many others on the site.

BETALI

New Around These Parts
Lee,

No I did not.

NOTE: The photos in the previous post were taken from the ebay ad copy.

I also went through all of Dean's documentation years ago and scanned whatever I didn't have and this version wasn't in his collection either.

Many of my other original service manuals also came from Brad R. who worked with Dean in the service department as well as (1) or (2) other former employees.

There are still about (15) other owner's and service manuals as well as sales brochures that I am looking for originals of (to replace my photocopies). A fair number of these are the later pro series and what we unofficially called series 3 (which followed the series 2 products).

At some point I'd like to make them all available for free on the internet.

Ed
Hello

Does anyone has the contact info for Dean who used to run Phasetek? Many years ago he serviced the Phase Linear 8000 turntable that I have. I need another service call for the 8000. Thanks.