phase linear 400

62vauxhall

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
No such things as bad days, just bad moments
You need another to name Seiko.

With two, one can lean against you on each side. That way you won't need to hang onto something to keep from being pushed over.

A few years ago, I used to help out with fundraising for The West Coast Rottweiler Rescue Association. Motto...."Helping the black & tan where we can".

The woman in charge made truly long trips to do rescues. And she followed up with everyone she placed a dog with. They all had to sign contracts and if she didn't like what she saw on a followup, the dog was repossessed.

I rode in their first "Rottie Run" in 2013 and someone cobbled together a DVD of the event. One of the organizers auctioned her ass by having a Rottie head tattooed on it.

gene french

guayabo de bagaces, guanacaste, costa rica....
Tagline
music...the healer of souls...
cool idea..i like sieko..
.originally the lady wanted 300 000 colonies ...around 500 bucks...but after a litter or two...the limited market was saturated...she was kinda stuck...our main giard dog was or ate some poison...and died...i asked and she wanted 100 000 colones....it was the last puppy and a male...i took it ..which included the shots ar that price...i would have taken another... .they brought it over and maria took a nap with the fuzzball...this is my first rottweiler...we shall see how it goes .we do love our animals

gene french

Tagline
i really do like the voigts...the guy that i got the drivers from ..sent paperwork saying the drivers sound better after break in ..i nevet heard of such a thing ....however...they do sound better with time...i cant get over how clear they are...i do use my woofers as subs...but at a lower volume than the voigts...just enough to add the bass feeling....

Vynuladikt

Journeyman
Tagline
Love great audio, beermaking and pyrotechnics
i really do like the voigts...the guy that i got the drivers from ..sent paperwork saying the drivers sound better after break in ..i nevet heard of such a thing ....however...they do sound better with time...i cant get over how clear they are...i do use my woofers as subs...but at a lower volume than the voigts...just enough to add the bass feeling....
Yes, drivers are one item that definitely benefits from a break-in period, styli as well. Let's not start up with the cable conversations though. :rolleyes:

gene french

Tagline
well, my luck held out only so long....i am waiting for a replacement dsp..which was released from customs as of yesterday....i have been listening to the wopl through the voigts....thought i would experiment a bit this morning while jerry was occupied with the cows...
i turned on the 200....which was working perfectly fine last time i shut it down......it lite up the left leds in the meters ... all 5 of them...and the relay did not engage....
i dont know much about these...oh well, i dont know much about any of them....anyway....
the dbt was slightly lit up and normally returned to dimmed out...
at one point both meters lit up totally...but only once...really did not have a lot of time
ideas??
starting point??

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
well, my luck held out only so long....i am waiting for a replacement dsp..which was released from customs as of yesterday....i have been listening to the wopl through the voigts....thought i would experiment a bit this morning while jerry was occupied with the cows...
i turned on the 200....which was working perfectly fine last time i shut it down......it lite up the left leds in the meters ... all 5 of them...and the relay did not engage....
i dont know much about these...oh well, i dont know much about any of them....anyway....
at one point both meters lit up totally...but only once...really did not have a lot of time
ideas??
starting point??
Series 1 PL200?

gene french

Tagline
i have been rebuilding my home made remote control gate....i put in a 275 watt solar panel replacing the 50 watt one...has been hard to keep the battery charged with all of these super rainy days...i put in a new 30 amp mppt solar controller...and hooked up one of my wind generators too on a 10 ft pole on top of the gate posts...the winds will become difficult through the new year....they are called the winds of christmas...and i can take advantage of that to help out the solar charging....
the gate is basically tack welded together....tomorrow we will finish up the welding...i used a rv tongue jack rated at 3500 pounds...was in my collection of stuff....i turned it sideways and it works just fine...for the last 7 or 8 years...only changed the brushes once...
it needed some attention....so we rearranged some of the hardware...had to design a safety in it in case of limit switch failure....the remote brains does have an amp shutoff...in case the limit switches fail....and bottom out or extend out...the extra amps will shut it down...most of the time...
should have taken a few pics...maybe tomorrow...when we get closer to finishing up...

gene french

Tagline
yes sir...i changed out the ps caps and recapped it...been listening to it for going on a year now...it was my daily driver with the sx before i started my pl400 and wopl binges....
today...it decided we have a failure to communicate...
i really want another 400...to take over for the 200...if anyone know of one...
as they crap out ... i will probably wopl the rest one at a time...
i know there is one amp that i have that is very dependable...
lol...

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
yes sir...i changed out the ps caps and recapped it...been listening to it for going on a year now...it was my daily driver with the sx before i started my pl400 and wopl binges....
today...it decided we have a failure to communicate...
i really want another 400...to take over for the 200...if anyone know of one...
as they crap out ... i will probably wopl the rest one at a time...
i know there is one amp that i have that is very dependable...
lol...
I thought we had a discussion about the PL200 Series 1 back in the early pages of this thread...

Mohawk

Chief Journeyman
ideas??
starting point??
Hey Gene,

Ever look into the mini DSP ?

https://www.minidsp.com/products/minidsp-in-a-box/minidsp-flex-eight

M

gene french

Tagline
i got a dayton 408...4 in 8 out...the bluetooth never worked...parts express send a new dongle...dod not help...sent a rma for replacing...
i probably should have stuck with the advice from george...and get the minidsp series...in my defense the dayton was rated very highly ..
thanks for that link...i probably should get it anway...
i appreciate your advice...