phase linear 400

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
That meter touching would have been a channels outputs shorted to ground, the meters are powered right from the speaker outputs.
No that is in the meter attenuation side. Just makes the meter ultra sensitive. The other terminal farther to the right is closely connected to the amp output

AngrySailor

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---not quite right
put up a picture of your system....the one on the profile is too small....
looks very nice!!!!
That picture was back in dads shop near 20 years ago...
I’m not home rn so here’s a couple older pics. My shop system and the house system (don’t mind the Michael Jackson, that was a special request from a. Friend... really...). I really need to build the entertainment centre I’ve been planning for ages. I’ve got other gear I’d like to put into the system amd nowhere to put it rn.

Attachments

gene french

guayabo de bagaces, guanacaste, costa rica....
Tagline
music...the healer of souls...
That picture was back in dads shop near 20 years ago...
I’m not home rn so here’s a couple older pics. My shop system and the house system (don’t mind the Michael Jackson, that was a special request from a. Friend... really...). I really need to build the entertainment centre I’ve been planning for ages. I’ve got other gear I’d like to put into the system amd nowhere to put it rn.
really kewl....looks like an old steel wheel tractors used in the rice fields so many years ago...
is that a national engine???
i tried to buy an original lister generator a few years back...but, some body offered 100 more than i did...
what a great collection!!!
thanks for sharing...

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
really kewl....looks like an old steel wheel tractors used in the rice fields so many years ago...
is that a national engine???
i tried to buy an original lister generator a few years back...but, some body offered 100 more than i did...
what a great collection!!!
thanks for sharing...
Thanks Gene. That tractor is a 1925 Fordson. Ford produced the engines but I believe the very early ones were produced by Buda? Can’t recall for sure. That tractor has had a heart transplant though... old Henry Ford might be rolling in his grave as she’s GM powered now... 6v53 Detroit Diesel... I also have a ~1936 Lister CS 3/1 vertical diesel with the original 40v DC generator head.

gene french

Tagline
That meter touching would have been a channels outputs shorted to ground, the meters are powered right from the speaker outputs.
just proves my point....how much is learned from mistakes....i would never have know that had this error not occurred!!!!
and one thing about learning the hard way....errors are not often repeated!!!!
life is good!!!

gene french

Tagline
Thanks Gene. That tractor is a 1925 Fordson. Ford produced the engines but I believe the very early ones were produced by Buda? Can’t recall for sure. That tractor has had a heart transplant though... old Henry Ford might be rolling in his grave as she’s GM powered now... 6v53 Detroit Diesel... I also have a ~1936 Lister CS 3/1 vertical diesel with the original 40v DC generator head.
i thought lister stopped production in 1929???
well, i need to read and get out more...those generators are still in use here...
electricity was brought to the area of my farm....in sept 2005....
we are still waiting on phone lines....lol

George S.

well, i need to read and get out more...those generators are still in use here...
Damn, Oliver Douglas of Green Acres fame was my first thought.

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
Lister was in production much later than 1929... I’m thinking into the 50’s but I’m not a lister buff despite owning one (for shame). I read recently that the last of the lister works in Dursley England was finally bulldozed just recently. I have a big Ruston 5HR also which many of those are still in use in particularly in the British colonies, pumping water, generating and grinding grains and such. Mine ran a saw mill from its birth in the late 30’s and was retired in the early 2000’s. I still saw fire wood with it. The lister would have been used to charge batteries for a local church. Shut down during the service while they ran on battery.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
just proves my point....how much is learned from mistakes....i would never have know that had this error not occurred!!!!
and one thing about learning the hard way....errors are not often repeated!!!!
life is good!!!

It's really called attention to detail and by paying attention, you don't ALWAYS need a mistake to be made.

gene french

Tagline
Lister was in production much later than 1929... I’m thinking into the 50’s but I’m not a lister buff despite owning one (for shame). I read recently that the last of the lister works in Dursley England was finally bulldozed just recently. I have a big Ruston 5HR also which many of those are still in use in particularly in the British colonies, pumping water, generating and grinding grains and such. Mine ran a saw mill from its birth in the late 30’s and was retired in the early 2000’s. I still saw fire wood with it. The lister would have been used to charge batteries for a local church. Shut down during the service while they ran on battery.
ahhh...ok....i think now they have affiliation in india...
a little fair came to town a few years back....and one of the rides was powered by some type of 4 cylinder lister...it was embossed on the motor...
thanks for the history lesson!!!!