phase linear 400

George S.

Veteran and General Yakker
I used a terminal strip in my 400 S1 after I saw how it simplified the wiring in my 400 S2. Both amps were already built and running for months before going back in and installing the strip.
The thing about Gene's build I'd be concerned about is clearance if he uses meters.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
it was a suggestion to route the ac away from the b+voltage corner...
You want all the AC tight in that fuse corner. The rule for AC is short, sweet and always paired with its return. I think those purple wires along the top might be your AC for the light board. If so, that should drop straight down to the floor from the transformer, take an immediate turn to the front panel and run along the front of the chassis to the light board. Get it away from the input sections of the control board.

gene french

guayabo de bagaces, guanacaste, costa rica....
Tagline
music...the healer of souls...
I used a terminal strip in my 400 S1 after I saw how it simplified the wiring in my 400 S2. Both amps were already built and running for months before going back in and installing the strip.
The thing about Gene's build I'd be concerned about is clearance if he uses meters.
i have clearance....

gene french

Tagline
You want all the AC tight in that fuse corner. The rule for AC is short, sweet and always paired with its return. I think those purple wires along the top might be your AC for the light board. If so, that should drop straight down to the floor from the transformer, take an immediate turn to the front panel and run along the front of the chassis to the light board. Get it away from the input sections of the control board.
they are just tied up out of the way..
as i do not have meters for this unit....the wires will be run to the front before i button it up...the purple is ac for light board...the red/gray are for the meters
i just wired it in advance in case i stumble on some meters....i am pretty sure the other 400 is lost...i had a led board and dcp bought for it ..oh well...
life goes on...

gene french

Tagline
easily done...
thanks again...
i will modify the other wopl too...
as they are wired similarily...

gene french

Tagline
easily done...
thanks again...
i will modify the other wopl too...
as they are wired similarily...
and since i already have it open...i will do the pin 5 to ground mod...too simple not to do...
thanks so much for the tips and hints!!!

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
they are just tied up out of the way..
as i do not have meters for this unit....the wires will be run to the front before i button it up...the purple is ac for light board...the red/gray are for the meters
i just wired it in advance in case i stumble on some meters....i am pretty sure the other 400 is lost...i had a led board and dcp bought for it ..oh well...
life goes on...
Soon enough Gene...

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Thank you for recycling Lee...I am the sustainability guy at work.

The wife uses your bags for all her crafting stuff. I have put a great many to good use. They work awesome for some Alky/Acetone to soak stubborn parts in.... I think I saw some crackheads down the road using some too.... :)

gene french

Tagline
Next generation techno nerds will use them like trading cards ... "I'll trade you two Schottky BAT41 diodes for four 1N4148 diodes....NOS WOAD leftovers""
nothing gets tossed...everything repurposed...with the lone exception of toilet paper...