phase linear 400

George S.

Veteran and General Yakker
Looking very good Gene! One thing. How many nuts on the control board studs? Three? If so, one should be at the very bottom, then the long nylon standoff spacer, then the control board, then a nylon washer, then the securing nut. Should have a nylon on both sides of the control board mount hole, and some extra thread showing.

gene french

guayabo de bagaces, guanacaste, costa rica....
Tagline
music...the healer of souls...
Looking very good Gene! One thing. How many nuts on the control board studs? Three? If so, one should be at the very bottom, then the long nylon standoff spacer, then the control board, then a nylon washer, then the securing nut. Should have a nylon on both sides of the control board mount hole, and some extra thread showing.
there is one against the chassis...the nylon tube...another nut...a nylon washer the board...another nylon washer...a nut...and a few threads showing....that is what i thought you suggested....it is very sturdy and was not hard to tweak.....
and thank you!!!
you saved me 3 times...
1. iec socket
2. insulating washers on inputs...
3. terminal strip...
i did not have to relocate the rectifier...its snug...but workable....the upgraded chassis is so much easier...

gene french

Tagline
there is one against the chassis...the nylon tube...another nut...a nylon washer the board...another nylon washer...a nut...and a few threads showing....that is what i thought you suggested....it is very sturdy and was not hard to tweak.....
and thank you!!!
you saved me 3 times...
1. iec socket
2. insulating washers on inputs...
3. terminal strip...
i did not have to relocate the rectifier...its snug...but workable....the upgraded chassis is so much easier...
and it adds a bit more room between the back planes and control board....

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Gene

Nothing goes to the stud on the upper left channel backplane board except that ONE wire connecting the bus bar to the chassis.

Those orange wires need to be routed to the bus bar ground point, use the #10 solder lug that comes in the wire kit, that is what those are for Gene. Microvolts on those wires make a difference.

gene french

Tagline
Gene

Nothing goes to the stud on the upper left channel backplane board except that ONE wire connecting the bus bar to the chassis.

Those orange wires need to be routed to the bus bar ground point, use the #10 solder lug that comes in the wire kit, that is what those are for Gene. Microvolts on those wires make a difference.
yes sir...
i can just solder it with the other grounds..right??

gene french

Tagline
blind hog found an acorn....

thanks mr. joe
thanks mr. sniff
special thanks for my care package mr. george!!!

Ya gotta quit being cheap and buy the BABB Gene. There are just too many ground wires for those scrawny copper strips.
and a case...lol
that was tough for me...

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
blind hog found an acorn....

thanks mr. joe
thanks mr. sniff
special thanks for my care package mr. george!!!
Gene
Not sure why you added a terminal block on the sidewall but 'oh well' The terminal block is only needed for dual voltage primary transformers...

Having this adds more loose AC wiring running around inside which is never a good thing (for an amp).

gene french

Tagline
Gene
Not sure why you added a terminal block on the sidewall but 'oh well' The terminal block is only needed for dual voltage primary transformers...

Having this adds more loose AC wiring running around inside which is never a good thing (for an amp).
thank you mr. joe....i appreciate your help and advice!!!

gene french

Tagline
Gene

it was a suggestion to route the ac away from the b+voltage corner...