phase linear 400

gene french

Veteran and General Yakker
guayabo de bagaces, guanacaste, costa rica....
Tagline
music...the healer of souls...
Chisel.

or put in a single outlet (3-prong) 20A 220V for the A/C unit.

pull the 110 from elsewhere- run wiremold around the room from another outlet. Or drill a hole from a box on the outside of the room, and feed into a face mount shallow box.
maybe i could label the plug???
when i looked for the sharpie...jerry had it labeling tags for the cows ears...i kinda forgot about it...

i bet wiremold would be easy to find here...
probably right next to the shallow mount boxes...
and across the aisle from romex...all code permits here is stranded wire...as commercial in the states...

the chisel idea would work...thats how i added my envoy box next to the breaker panel...not fun...
code here requires earthquake considerations...i used 1200 #3 rebar...block construction with blocks filled with cement...and cement corona...wiring requires plastic tubing...i did put extra tubes throughout...just in case...but not near the a/c...which was an afterthought...we only use it a week or two in april...dont like sweat at my age ....rest of year....dont need it. .
we survived the biggest quake in c.r. history a few years back...7.6 ....kinda helpless feeling...all you can do is hang on ...no damage...not even a hairline crack....evidently we did good with the construction...some older structures did not fare well...
just part of the game...

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
I have bought a dozen Fluke 335 Clamp meters used off ebay over the years to supply our hands. Averaging 120.00. Not a one was bad and they are still running. I look at the pics and if it doesn't look hammered I buy it. No doubt at least half were liberated from their previous owners without their permission.
Law of averages I suspect and I'm wayyyy ahead.
My 179 I have bought brand new...

Like Joe said...Fluke engineers are generally good engineers...

gene french

Veteran and General Yakker
guayabo de bagaces, guanacaste, costa rica....
Tagline
music...the healer of souls...

Attachments