Phase Linear 2000 troubleshooting

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Yes, series II. Was also looking at the Carver 4000 at the time but didn't want the ambient circuit with the internal amp. Wanted to play with sonic holography. The PL4000 was from original owner and wasn't scuffed or scraped up- looked damn pretty!
My unfortunate experience is with the Series 1, which suffers badly from the PWS...

NavLinear

Veteran and General Yakker
Thanks for that- I hesitated on my reply due to an expression of retaliation from a perceived insult. I like you guys, don't wanna escalate anything...
I have a series one too. An ass ton of components and way too many contacts. There are some things that can be done to improve them tho...

Carver added all the bells and whistles in this preamp.

MarkWComer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
(My apologies to Coldsmoke for hijacking his thread. I only meant to as a question about the caps...)

Coldsmoke

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Hello guys, I'm just coming back from an unplanned business trip, have some time to spend on this little bastard to try to make it work :)

Coldsmoke

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Hello Lee, I received the parcel today, it's time throw these IC's in...
Will you sen me the paypal invoice?

Thanks a lot again

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Correct....check.pinouts.. the GES were different. Those 93s and 97s you have are Fairchild.

Coldsmoke

Journeyman
Tagline
---
An other consideration, I noticed that I had to use quite high resistors values to lower the LED brightness (about 300k), can this affect the functioning of the TIS97?