New to me PL400

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
OK, put the mains fuse back in, bring it up and start checking voltages at the BR and caps....

Tagline
---
Ok. Jiggled the mains fuse holder and DBT came on and went completely dark. Got 76 vdc across the caps and 110 across the BRec. Why would the DBT go completely out?

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Because you are not charging the caps with the rail fuses in, ergo, no current, ergo, no light....

Tagline
---
Gotcha. When I checked this stuff the first time, I thought It seemed ok. Brought it up on the DBT every time and checked, then plugged it in and checked again. I havent checked anything on the board at all.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Cause we're a long way from that now. Fix the reason it took a "giggle" to make the mains fuse work...

Tagline
---
Cause we're a long way from that now. Fix the reason it took a "giggle" to make the mains fuse work...
Why do you keep making me answer my own damn ?'s. I was curious why when I jiggled it, it giggled. :la: Never mind. That's for another forum. I will get that straightened out first. If it's the socket itself and not the wiring, I'll replace it.

Tagline
---
It definitely seems intermittent. I'll have to reflow the connections and see if it's still a problem. If it's still "giggly" I'll spank it, put it to bed, and buy a new one tomorrow. Speaking of which... gotta get the wife tucked in.:wink:

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Then post a pic of where you tapped the plus rail voltage for the DC protect, AND where you tapped the secondary AC voltage for the DCP.....