New to me PL400

Tagline
---
My fuses came today. Hope I can squeeze in some time later to work on it. Also got caps for the driver board and diodes for the C6 mod. I tried searching it but couldn't really find much info. Anyone have a link to how this is done?

Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
It's easier to just change the fuse holder to AGC type, the fuses are much easier to get. Jer converted one of mine

NavLinear

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Well, not much to report, except that Ms. M is alive and well. Changed the fuse and powered back up. Bias is 349 left and right and DC is -11.8 and - 5. Relay kicked right in. I'm hoping she'll sing me a song tomorrow when I get another minute or three. Still haven't heard a single note of music through this thing. I did read through the c6 mod and have the caps for the driver board. I'm guessing the diodes just get soldered back to back across the leads of c6 on the back side of the board?

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Yep , lay them back to back with anode and cathode reversed , twist the ends together and solder to the leads of C6, hint, leave the leads of C6 a little longer than you normally would.

Tagline
---
Yep , lay them back to back with anode and cathode reversed , twist the ends together and solder to the leads of C6, hint, leave the leads of C6 a little longer than you normally would.
Got it. I had to ask cause my brain is getting plugged up with my new machine training at work. Sucking up a lot of work, family, and Oblivion time. All of it matters though. A minute here, a minute there.... I make time for everything.

Tagline
---
IT'S ALIVE....

The kiddies went off to Easter parties and the wife had to work so I had a couple hours of Oblivion time. Drug her back down to the dungeon and wired her up. Relay kicked right in. No smoke, no flames. Hooked up my shitty Kenwood pre and tablet and... Music! Wow. This thing sounds awesome as is through my junky test setup. I can tell you that Bozo 301's can take a pretty hefty hammering. I let her rip for a couple hours and not even a hint of shitting herself. A couple things I did notice though. The meters don't react at the same speed, even when switching the input rca's. The right channel meter seems a little lazy and slow. Also, when I put the juice to it the meter lights dim a little with the bass. I'm guessing that would be the supply caps not keeping up. I haven't had a chance to recap the driver board yet either. A work in progress here. Stay Calm... This is only a test....

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Normal Phase light reaction, the lights are fed from a 6 volt AC winding off the secondaries of the transformer. No caps involved....

Tagline
---
Normal Phase light reaction, the lights are fed from a 6 volt AC winding off the secondaries of the transformer. No caps involved....
Thanks again. I plan on changing out the filter caps with the WO kit when play money allows, but I'm having fun in the meantime. This is the first time I've even heard it and am impressed. I can see why you guys here are junkies and sell your other gear to get a fix.

Tagline
---
Recapped the board... Check. DBT ...check. DC and Bias... check, check. Chance to listen to it.....uncheck. Gotta get my ass to bed. 3am sneaks right up on you. So far, so good though.